Dyno #s?

DLV

Established Member
Does anybody have dyno sheets or stock HP/Tq numbers of their stock cars, or when there cars were still stock? Just interested as we all know Fords 235 HP was underated. THX.:)

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Was that 227 hp at the rear wheels satx? If so, then that calculates up to about 260 - 270 hp at the flywheel. I guess Ford was giving the approx RWHP.

satx

Banned
ya.....rwhp, funny thing is the car was running real bad due to a dirty maf wire (damn k&n). Probably would have made a few more horses.

Lee

Established Member
The truth is the stock 93 Cobra motor produces about 270 - 275 hp at the crank. Same with the 94 Cobra.

Cobra Steve

Established Member
Don't have stock #'s, but I dynoed 240hp/290tq rw with flowtech non-coated 1-5/8" longtubes, flowmaster 3 chambereds, K&N filter, and a TKO transmission(which uses a little more power than the stock T-5). I would guess around 230 bone stock.

Dan

Established Member
Yes, the blower sure did wonders for torque.

The clutch went away on the dyno during the tune. It started slipping after a few pulls. A little too much for the original stock clutch (80K miles). I plan to install a SPEC Stage II next week to help get the new power to the ground. I am not going to put sticky tires on it, so I think the tranny is safe for now.

The install was not difficult. Similar to replacing the upper intake manifold. Most of the hassle was cutting the medal accessory bracket for relocating the AC and dealing with the other upgrades related to the project. I used a bigger mass air meter and that needed new plumbing for the air inlet and dealing with installing gauges is always a bit of a hassle.

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
I made 280 rwhp and 311rwtq all with bolt on's and an simple Ecam, 18,000 original miles on the car heads never off the car and intake was untouched! The car ran 12.85 @108 at full weight on drag radials! These cars fly with some simple bolts on's mainly a computer and meter change, exhaust, and a small cam! Trey

Users who are viewing this thread