DYNO #'s. Stock Vs. JLT Carbon Fiber CAI

Ubergeist

Established Member
Dyno002.jpg

The dyno was done on two different days, but it was the same dyno. But the d/a was around 200 ft of each other and both runs are SAE corrected.

My stock run, I did have a kandn filter. But I gained 4whp from the CAI at least on that day and lost some torque. Was expecting more, but Tucker said only way to do a before and after is on the same day.

Comparing my runs with last time, I noticed one huge thing. HEat soak doesn't happen nearly as quick. On my third run with the stock intake, I was losing about 10whp the most I lost this time was about 3.5whp.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Should've given you more than 5RWHP. Maybe it needs a tune :shrug:

Also, is it just me or does anyone else think that chart looks way too choppy?

Are you having any belt slip issues? If so, that could also explain the minimalistic gains..

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:

Are you having any belt slip issues? If so, that could also explain the minimalistic gains..

This really doesn't make sense to me either... :shrug:

Ubergeist

Established Member
Yes this was on my Terminator. I don't think I have belt slips. The SAE smoothing is only on 3. Perhaps that is why?

musclefan21

Established Member
as i mentioned before, you need tune. tune is reccomended with that intake!

now you have catback, mid-pipe and JLT. with tune i say 420rwhp - 400rwtq ( a little less or more, around that)

BulldoggingUSA

Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:

The dyno guy can smooth out the charts, or at least that's what I have seen.

Ubergeist

Established Member
musclefan21 said:
as i mentioned before, you need tune. tune is reccomended with that intake!

now you have catback, mid-pipe and JLT. with tune i say 420rwhp - 400rwtq ( a little less or more, around that)

I am going to get tuned by Bob Krugan. Just waiting on picking up a friends used Diablo.

musclefan21

Established Member
Ubergeist said:
I am going to get tuned by Bob Krugan. Just waiting on picking up a friends used Diablo.

just throw a BF 2.76 pulley on and IT WILL BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR!!! trust me man, enjoy that thing and forget about keeping it stock. that car was never meant to stay stock!!

SVTBMG

Banned
Ya my car is not dynoing well with the JLT CAI either but who cares really. I have noticed that on the street on hot 90 degree days like this last week my car is still responsive and blows the tires off with a little too much pedal in first or second which it never did with the open filter under the hood. So you have some give and take. I would rather have more power when driving then when sitting on the dyno

Users who are viewing this thread