Dyno #'s (here we go lol) Inline With Track Experience

Solo302

Established Member
I just wanted to post and see if any other members on here have dyno'd their cars on a Dynojet and went to the track with the same setup. I know this is probably not a smart question. I dyno'd my 2014 GT Track Pack and bone stock it made 373 Whp SAE on a 224 DynoJet. Went to the track (Mason Dixon) a few days after and was running 12.9X's at 113.2-113.5 Mph, DA for the day was +50 ft. I got the car back on the Same exact 224 Dynojet and the car dyno'd in at 390.8 Whp SAE with Intake, cat deletes, muffler deletes and tune. Problem is i had a CEL on when we dyno'd the car the second time around because i did not have the revision tune on for the secondary o2's to be turned off, AFR's were still very good tho. A few days later i got the revision tune uploaded onto the car to turn the secondary o2's off, went to the same track (Mason Dixon) the next day and was able to run 12.39-12.47 at 117.5- 118.1 Mph. Car weighed in at 3750 Pounds with driver, (2.5 gallons of VP MS 103 mixed with 93) 275/40/19 Michelin SS set to 17 Psi and DA was +150 ft that day.

My question is did i lose power on the dyno with the CEL on, even tho AFR's were good? Does the computer go into any modes to protect and hinder performance? To anybody else who has dyno'd their 5.0 3.73 car on a Dynojet do these numbers sound inline for the Mph? Sorry for the questions if they are stupid, i know i should probably just go dyno the car again... The numbers just sound kinda low, but maybe not. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
the numbers on your cereal box are more important than those dyno #'s. Your track results are all the info you need. Could the CEL have caused the car to make less power? maybe , but its irrelevant when you have time slips

Rct851

Established Member
Numbers seem about 7-10hp low but your mph was 1-3mph faster then most post on here with those mods

Solo302

Established Member
Numbers seem about 7-10hp low but your mph was 1-3mph faster then most post on here with those mods

Something that made me more curious was a buddy that had his new C7 M7 out that day was running 12.2-12.5 at 118 Mph as well. He has a filter, tune and axle back muffler.

Last edited:

Solo302

Established Member
the numbers on your cereal box are more important than those dyno #'s. Your track results are all the info you need. Could the CEL have caused the car to make less power? maybe , but its irrelevant when you have time slips

This is very true lol.

Rct851

Established Member
Pretty wild you trapped the same as the tuned c7 that by all accounts should be making more peak HP, more torque across the board and weigh less

Solo302

Established Member
I'm curious what made you curious?? Lol

I didn't think i could keep pace with a new tuned C7 with my mods or Dynojet #s lol. There was another gentlemen their that had a C7 and was going high 115s all day, when i talked to him briefly in the lanes he said it just had a cai intake/filter and all else was bone stock tho.

Last edited:

Solo302

Established Member
Pretty wild you trapped the same as the tuned c7 that by all accounts should be making more peak HP, more torque across the board and weigh less

That's what i was thinking lol, his best trap of the day was a 118.8x to my 118.4x i believe.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
With the C7 it would probably be a different story on the freeway. There is a C6 z06 out my way and I smash him in the quarter mile, but on the freeway at around 120 mph he just pulls away.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I dynoed 388whp/366wtq on a Dynojet and ran a 12.75 @ 113 w/ Roush axle backs and a tune.

Pre-tune was a 13.1 @ 109, no dyno numbers before tuning.

Solo302

Established Member
I dynoed 388whp/366wtq on a Dynojet and ran a 12.75 @ 113 w/ Roush axle backs and a tune.

Pre-tune was a 13.1 @ 109, no dyno numbers before tuning.

Were those numbers SAE or Standard Correction? Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Steveespo

Established Member
With the C7 it would probably be a different story on the freeway. There is a C6 z06 out my way and I smash him in the quarter mile, but on the freeway at around 120 mph he just pulls away.

Aero. If he is trapping 118 in the Mustang and the Vette is also at 118 the Mustang is putting down more power due to the weight difference. (Mustang is heavier by at least 150 lbs) Above 100 mph aerodynamic drag comes into play that's why a vette with equal power will pull away at 120.

Solo302

Established Member
Aero. If he is trapping 118 in the Mustang and the Vette is also at 118 the Mustang is putting down more power due to the weight difference. (Mustang is heavier by at least 150 lbs) Above 100 mph aerodynamic drag comes into play that's why a vette with equal power will pull away at 120.

Yup, vette's have very good aero...

Users who are viewing this thread