Dyno run #2 in the morning@8:30!

SVT Monster

Established Member
Calling on the horsepowers that be and wish my lil dsg luck. We have the KB Boost a pump installed and SCT MAF in the box headed for dyno run #2 in the a.m.! Oh and removed the JLT Nextgen at my tuners request and reinstalled the factory air tube! :beer: Will post results ASAP.:rockon:

jblood37

Established Member
If you had a high boost and wanted to get rid of it, I'd take it off your hands lol. Hope everything went smooth.

Blueline

Established Member
We are patiently waiting sir.......... Take a break from ripping around and let us know how everything went!

SVT Monster

Established Member
I/C pump going bad. 15.5°timing and 170° exh gas temp made 448whp on the 3rd "hot pull". Fuel and maf problem solved though. Just got to get cool water pumping again so I can get 18° timing and full power through out the rpms and I should be good to go for a little while.;-)

Last edited:

SVT Monster

Established Member
Had to tap on the pump with a wrench just to get it moving the water a little so I felt safe enough to drive it home.

SVT Monster

Established Member
QUOTE=jblood37;14046775]If you had a high boost and wanted to get rid of it, I'd take it off your hands lol. Hope everything went smooth.[/QUOTE]

I got one of the new Nextgens that is upgradeable to high boost. Its got the holes and tapped in the tube for the SCT 3000 maf and you just have to add a 12" filter. If you want the tube and clamps I will try to fix you right up. I need other parts now and could use the money.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
2.7" upper w/ tensioner
SCT 2600 maf, x3 programmer
Open air filter
2.5" stainless JBA off road h
2.5" stainless flowmaster cat back
KB Boost a pump

I/C pump going bad. 15.5°timing and 170° exh gas temp made 448whp on the 3rd "hot pull". Fuel and maf problem solved though. Just got to get cool water pumping again so I can get 18° timing and full power through out the rpms and I should be good to go for a little while.;-)

You can drive it without the i/c pump working. Just drive it like it's n/a or stay completely out of boost. I had to do it once with a 2.3 Whipple on my car pulled for 22lbs. It did perfectly fine.

Don't make "hot" pulls. Make a pull and let the car cool down for 10-15 minutes with the fan on it. Then make another pull. If whoever is tuning it won't do that I'd personally go elsewhere.

And by all means if you're on 93 octane command 23*'s of timing. We've been doing it for years and it's very, very safe. You'll be leaving power on the table if you don't. People run 18*'s of timing running small Twin Screw blowers on 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread