Dyno revisited...

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Some of you may remember my last dyno outing...a dismall 390 at the wheels with a 2.93, Densecharger CAI and Magnaflow catback...with the Predator pulley tune. Well I tried a few new things with the same mods...regapped the plugs and contact James at RWTD and got a mail order tune. My new results are 430 rwhp with 449 torque...Not bad. Still a little on the low side but I'm thinking by playing with the tune a bit will get the numbers closer to where they should be...Any thoughts?

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
Sounds like you were in the same situation as me man. I didn't dyno before I got my tune from RWTD, but I was only trapping like 109mph in the 1/4 so I would say my #'s were close to yours to begin with and I had BBK intake, 2.8" pulley, flowmaster CB, and predator pulley tune. With nothing more than a RWTD tune and on O/R h I picked up 9 mph and 4 tenths in the 1/4. When I got on the dyno recently I got #'s similar to yours, 430hp and 460tq and the tune was pretty rich from 3500+. I got RWTD to lean it out a little and I'm gonna go to the track this weekend hopefully to see if I go any faster.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
stangman701 said:
Sounds like you were in the same situation as me man. I didn't dyno before I got my tune from RWTD, but I was only trapping like 109mph in the 1/4 so I would say my #'s were close to yours to begin with and I had BBK intake, 2.8" pulley, flowmaster CB, and predator pulley tune. With nothing more than a RWTD tune and on O/R h I picked up 9 mph and 4 tenths in the 1/4. When I got on the dyno recently I got #'s similar to yours, 430hp and 460tq and the tune was pretty rich from 3500+. I got RWTD to lean it out a little and I'm gonna go to the track this weekend hopefully to see if I go any faster.

Wow...does kind of sound like my situation. Let me know it runs...

Users who are viewing this thread