Dyno results

01svtcobra

Established Member
This not B.S. Here are my dyno results with the mods listed below.

Dyno run 1. 304.4rwhp and 301.8torq

Dyno run 2. 296.4rwhp and 301.9torq

20 minute cool down

Dyno run 3. 310.7rwhp and 310.1torq

Very happy.....

They shop that has the dyno is a Chevy shop and they were impressed, said thats the best #'s they had seen on a N/A Cobra with those mods.

They said I need to get a cat back system and pick up 10-15 more at the wheels. I like that idea!

The #'s are corrected and I will scan and post the dyno sheet soon!

Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Congrats! Did you get an A/F by chance..

Shawn

Last edited:

01svtcobra

Established Member
Yes the cool down did involve 2 ice bags, one on the intake and another just infront of the mass air meter. I looked at my dyno sheet with the times and it was only a 8 minute cool down. The guy running the dyno that day (part owner) use to have a 98 cobra and he said when he would ice just the intake for 20 minutes at the track, that was good for 2 tenths:eek: I find that hard to swallow. Iam installing the Magna Flow cat back Friday afternoon and going to the track Saturday morning. I will try the ice bag trick and let yall know if it is the real deal.

No I didn't get A/F ratio, I thought it would come standard when you dyno your car but the guy told me nope! I didn't ask him until after my 3rd pull. He said I had nothing to worry about even if I put shorties (headers) only if i were to put long tubes would I need to have the car tunned. Dyno sheet shows no drop after 5,000rpm and no trimmers (detonation) and he said he could tell the car was running rich just from the smell???

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Hey thats cheating

Don't ya think thats kind of cheating alittle, for the dyno? I used ice at the track with my 88 mustang which ran high 13 all day, so I deside to ice the intake, I ice the shit out of it and ran a 13 flat. I would love to see you dyno #'s after the 3rd pull with no ice and a 5 min cool downs with you, or no ice at all. Sorry to sound like a d*ck . I guess I had a bad experence with my car on the dyno, or the person who did it. Did you also use a fan? I saw a fan it the booth but I guess he didn't feel it needed it. I had NO cool downs, ok 5 to 10 seconds. The car over heated the 3rd pull (the rateateor over flowed) so he deside not to do any more. Wow, hour and a half of driving and 80 bucks later, and one good run with the car very hot over 210 degree easy. I got to find a closer place. Nice #'s by the way.:cuss:

01svtcobra

Established Member
Na, I don't consider iceing the intake cheating! I had just drove 50 miles to get to the dyno and when i pulled up he was ready to strap my car down. The first 2 runs were back to back just after getting off the interstate! 8 minutes of ice just to cool the intake isn't cheating. I guess guys who buy a supercharger with the intercooler are cheating to you???? Thats not a flame but think about it..... The guy who dynoed your car was a prick!! I can't believe he didn't put the fan on your car.

The reason i posted my #'s was not to brag but to show other 99-01 cobra owners what mod combination could push us well over the 300rwhp mark.;-)

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
yes

yes, i do take that as a flame, but its doesn't bother me... The intercooler is a part of those guys complete system, like if you had a stack of ice on you intake at all the times, I wouldn't think that you were cheating, because you have it at all times. Ya follow me, they have that inercooler all the time, you don't. :fm:

NOW, Lets work together on this! How about going old school like a different thermostat like 180° like the old 5.0's. Let's keep this 4.6 motors cooler running. So you will alway keep the motor alittle cooler therefore extra hp!:idea:

01svtcobra

Established Member
where can i get the 180 degree thermostat???? local parts store? do you think it would be worth it on our 4v's??

Thanks for the pointer!

:beer:

Your point is taken on the sack of ice on the intake all the time!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

silver01snake

Established Member
Hi there 01svtcobra. I would change your 3.73's gears in for a set of at least 4.10's. I"m only making 298.4 hp to the rear and with 4.10's 's I'm doing 12.80's now at 107.27 . So get the gears. With 310 hp you should be able to do a mid 12 or better. Say bye bye Ls1's lol......Hey its only a little 281ci not a 350ci

01svtcobra

Established Member
I think if i do another gear change i will go with 4.30's. What rpm are you crossing the traps? I bounce of the rev limiter just as I pass the traps (in third offcoarse)

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
silver01snake, Please help me out, I got 288 rearwheep hp/torque before I did the k&n and fr500 catback. I went to the 1/4 mile sunday (hot and hummid, very hummid. I ran a 13.809 / 102.47 the 60 ft time was 2.193. There was a 2003 cobra there that race a week ago and ran 13.0's and the best he ran Sunday was 13.23, so I think my car should do better like 13.6 WOW that suck compared to your numbers. I probably got close to your numbers with the rear wheel power, but no way I could get the 1/4 # that low. What the hell you doing? I've race 5.0's before at the track, never a 4.6 dohc motor and ran the 5.0's in the 12's and low 13's. What Are you shifting at(rpm's)? Sorry so many questions!

Also WHEEL HOP!!!! wholy sh*t, when I hit second I thought I left the rear back there. I got better at it and used the cluth. Also do you chirp 3rd and 4th, I did.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 01svtcobra
Blacksnake2001,

I just scanned my dyno and saved it as a JPEG file on a disk. How do I post it????

Anyone???
First, you can't use the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the thread, you must "Post a Reply" or "quote" someone's post. Right above the submit button, there is an "Attach File" line. Hit browse and point to the file (you no longer have to host a pic on the internet, the site will capture it off your hard-drive.).

Have any probs, PM me :-D

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Here it is..

Briandyno.jpg

Nice run man, yours doesn't dip at all like mine did, I know mines pumpin in lots of fuel right at 5,000 RPM's +

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread