dyno results/questions.

UVa SVT

Established Member
well guys, got it dyno tuned.

I must admit--I'm not happy.

first, with the numbers. 421 hp and 480 tq. the a/f was 11.3 MOST of the run, but fairly sharply pulls up to around a 12.5-12.6 at the shift point.

the tq. and hp numbers could be "down" because of the torque converter--but typically tq converters affect hp more than tq. you guys gotta admit that those tq numbers are low for my mods. ... another suggestion is the steig. porting.... but come on..... I was expecting 420-520 hp and 510-530 tq. where the HELL did 30-40 tq go???? that CAN'T be due to the stieg porting.

additionally, the dyno operator was kind of confused as to why the A/F ratios were like they were. he said that he gave it AS MUCH fuel and as LITTLE timing (14 degrees, if I'm not mistaken) as possible. he said there's something not quite adding up with that. it's also odd that my JLP chip that was on my truck when I came in pulled a 14.5 MINIMUM A/F on the dyno. seriously, wtf? long tubes and a ported blower don't do this. something's obviously wrong.

.... I'm thinking 3 things could cause A/F to go crazy like this. 1. fuel pump (I had this changed AT the dyno, so that couldn't be it). 2. vacuum leak (he said he didn't hear or suspect any due to truck idling ok) 3. fuel pump(s) dying/dead.

what do yall think? am I just being too optimistic about the numbers? do yall think they're off too? should I have gone with a tuner who gives 2 shits and 2 minutes attention to my truck?

-Mike

P.S. my mods are: 4lb pulley, stieg ported eaton, long tubes + high flows + mag. catback, accufab throttle body, heat exchanger, blah blah.

:shrug:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
What were the conditions at the dyno? Your a/f is messing up your power somewhat. How did the operator do the run? Did he have a tune that locks the converter in 3rd and makes the entire pull from down low or did he stomp it up top? Your hp is actually close, just a little low probably due to your jacked up a/f ratio. Your tq is most likely due to the way the run was done. If you start the pull from a higher rpm on these trucks the tq isn't there. Hope you get it straightened out.

UVa SVT

Established Member
dynojet, corrected, bung, 3000 rpm.

.... btw I'm so FRIGGIN GLAD my exhaust popped apart tonight coming home from running an errand (at least I think so.... it go really loud...)

GOD DAMMIT

-Mike

Dark Helmet

Established Member
Yeah, wait till you hit second at WOT with the mufflers disconnected (if you have'nt already); you'll just know you broke something! :lol1: But, maybe get your fuel issues fixed first! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread