dyno results in...

mike01svt

Established Member
I made 480/412 on 9 or so psi... with a super safe a/f except above 6200 rpm... the damn 255lph pump is maxed out... so it gets real lean up there. I am super happy and am gonna upgrade to the 03 setup (fuel pumps) and tune it down a bit.. maybe something like 450/400 would be good until i have more money for a shortblock.

mike01svt

Established Member
sorry, it's s-trim with cobra Impeller, Anderson Piper, Magnaflow CB, Magnaflow X-pipe with cats... 43#, Pro-m 80mm Maf, 255lph which is pegged.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Not trying to be argumentative at all here but I do not think the 255 is the problem. I have personally made close to 600 rear wheel with stock lines, 42s, and a 255lph in-tank pump. I would first change the fuel filter and make sure the suction side of the pump is not blocked by anything. It's could also be that you are maxing out the voltage on your air meter.

P.S., NICE numbers!

Last edited:

mike01svt

Established Member
thanks for the input.. I will check that out.. but correct me if i am wrong... but isnt your cobra non-variable voltage... where as 99-01 is??

mike01svt

Established Member
yeah... i mean to say the fuel pump that I run isnt made for my variable voltage setup... I have seen many other cobras 99-01's have this same problem... the pump cant handle the power... I shouldnt have said it's pegged, it just gets real lean after 6k. also my tuner said it was the pump as well as other 99-01 owners that have upgraded to the 03 setup

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
I've never owned a 99-01 cobra so the variable voltage deal is new to me. 255lph is not 255lph if the voltage is decreased though (as you said)...makes sense. If the 99-01 cars decrease voltage then that would be the best explanation for why the same 255 pump on your car will only support 480 rear wheel where another car that maintains 12volts will support 600 rear wheel with the same pump. I did know that the 99+ cars were returnless style fuel systems, just didn't know about the variable voltage. My bad.

I am assuming that fixing the voltage issue is more involved than going with a much larger pump, otherwise everybody would just run a dedicated 12v power wire to the pump.......

mike01svt

Established Member
well the solution to the problem is to get either the 03 fuel pump setup, steeda fuel pump setup, or the new 04 aviator fuel pump which are all made for returnless and support a hell of a lot of power.

Users who are viewing this thread