Dyno Results For My 07 Shelby Gt500

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
So I Put My Car On The Dyno Yesterday... It Was Great!!! 532 Rwhp, And 471 Torque, With Just A Sct Tune And Magnaflow Exhaust...i Asked For A Very Safe Tune And Got It... I Also Bought Pullies For The Car But The Guys At B&d Racing In Canoga Park Told Me Not To... They Said The Car Would Break... They Said Lets Tune It And Go From There... The Car Runs Great... I Have Done My Home Work And Research On The Guys Over At B&d Racing... They Are Very Highly Talked About... If You Need Dyno Tuning Go There...

437.6 Rwhp Stock
532.0 Rwhp Sct Tune

I Will Try To Post My Dyno Results As Soon I Figure Out How To Use This Site...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
rods will hold a little over 600rwhp. testing concluded that after 650 rear wheel horsepower, you will be on borrowed time. just for comparison the 03/04 pistons gave out after 600rwhp. you can go higher its only a matter of when they will let go.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
So I Put My Car On The Dyno Yesterday... It Was Great!!! 532 Rwhp, And 471 Torque, With Just A Sct Tune And Magnaflow Exhaust...i Asked For A Very Safe Tune And Got It... I Also Bought Pullies For The Car But The Guys At B&d Racing In Canoga Park Told Me Not To... They Said The Car Would Break... They Said Lets Tune It And Go From There... The Car Runs Great... I Have Done My Home Work And Research On The Guys Over At B&d Racing... They Are Very Highly Talked About... If You Need Dyno Tuning Go There...

437.6 Rwhp Stock
532.0 Rwhp Sct Tune

I Will Try To Post My Dyno Results As Soon I Figure Out How To Use This Site...

email me or pm your dyno sheets and I will host/post it for you.

Svt Pilot

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
great numbers, will the rods hold up to anything more?(guess that's why they said don't do pulleys)

Who said dont do pulleys?

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Hey were you at flames last friday night? Btw B&D sucks. Not highly regarded at all. Dyno tuning go to Greg at RET.

Last edited:

bubbrubb

532rwhp is very impressive from a safe tune and catback (?) exhaust... now just get that pulley on there!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

Evolution

Established Member
That is totally impossible! That number cannot be achieved with that combo.

The “after tune” Dyno numbers are fudged! Bring it to our shop and I'll dyno it for free, just so you can get correct numbers!

What's the shops phone number that did the tuning, I'd like to call them out on this!

Cat-Back/Axle Back Exhaust on these cars give zero gain, however an Off-Road X-Pipe System will gain 13 RWHP and 8 RWTQ!

Changing the pulleys will not break the motor, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

97snaketrplB

ON D BIT said:
rods will hold a little over 600rwhp. testing concluded that after 650 rear wheel horsepower, you will be on borrowed time. just for comparison the 03/04 pistons gave out after 600rwhp. you can go higher its only a matter of when they will let go.

What are your sources? After speaking at length with a couple of highly regarded tuners working in conjunction with diablo, they felt the threshold was much lower than 600. They also told me they blew up 3 so far with the rods being the culprit in all 3 cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluevilevo8 said:
What are your sources? After speaking at length with a couple of highly regarded tuners working in conjunction with diablo, they felt the threshold was much lower than 600. They also told me they blew up 3 so far with the rods being the culprit in all 3 cases.

The safe limit is right around 600rwhp at the stock rpm limit (6250). In testing the rods have held at over 640rwhp but only for brief stints (ie at the drag strip). I have no idea what diablo did, if they did, to cause rod failure, so I can't comment.

97snaketrplB

Fourcam330 said:
The safe limit is right around 600rwhp at the stock rpm limit (6250). In testing the rods have held at over 640rwhp but only for brief stints (ie at the drag strip). I have no idea what diablo did, if they did, to cause rod failure, so I can't comment.

I'm glad to hear that. At least then the stock shortblock should hold up to the common boltons. Anyway, back to the purported 100whp gain with nothing but a tune and weld ins.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
here is my dyno sheet
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/jgrossman/dynosheet004.jpg

Here I will attach your image for you. Bruce, Moderator.

dynosheet004.gif

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
I can already tell the dyno is setup wrong, the Horsepower and Torque curves don't meet at 5200, which every dyno does! Takes your car to an independent dyno facility, and tell them nothing about the car and have them dyno it. If you weren't in California, I would dyno it for you myself!

On a side note: The company that tuned this car has an off brand dyno, which is not considered to be an industry standard like a Mustang Dyno, Dynojet, or Superflow!

Last edited:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Evolution said:
I can already tell the dyno is setup wrong, the Horsepower and Torque curves don't meet at 5200, which every dyno does! Takes your car to an independent dyno facility, and tell them nothing about the car and have them dyno it. If you weren't in California, I would dyno it for you myself!

On a side note: The company that tuned this car has an off brand dyno, which is not considered to be an industry standard like a Mustang Dyno, Dynojet, or Superflow!

it is a clayton dyno... it is a load bearing dyno... the numbers are true

Users who are viewing this thread