dyno results are in!!!

mike01svt

Established Member
I made 480/412 on 9 or so psi... with a super safe a/f except above 6200 rpm... the damn 255lph pump is maxed out... so it gets real lean up there. I am super happy and am gonna upgrade to the 03 setup (fuel pumps) and tune it down a bit.. maybe something like 450/400 would be good until i have more money for a shortblock.

Avenging Angel

Established Member
WOW! Awesome numbers for 9 PSI! What kind of S/C? I'm assuming you have a stock bottom end since you said that you were saving money for a shortblock.

What kind of injectors? Intercooled?

mike01svt

Established Member
vortech s-trim, anderson powerpipe, Non-intercooled. magnaflow catback, magnaflow catted x-pipe. 42#, 80mm pro-m MAF...

and a crappy 255lph pump that cant pump enough.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Where you the guy that was going to run a smaller underdrive pulley to keep the boost low on the S-trim?

I'm running the s-trim and I see 13 lbs of boost.
If you are going lean over 6200RPM's, DON'T chance it. Shift by 6,000 until you upgrade the fuel system. Did you think about adding a boost-a-pump to your fuel system to help out on the high RPM side?

Nice numbers!:beer:

mike01svt

Established Member
nah, not me. I got the s-trim, but with cobra impeller... i am shifting by 6k so no biggie. thought about it, but still not sure. running like 14-16 deg of timing or so... but still fat a/f curve. any other ideas for fuel?? besides 03 and BAP. think my block will hold at 460-480rwhp ?? tune is real good.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
OK, so you have the SC-trim. What is your a/f at? If I remember correctly, my a/f is at 11.8, then around 5500RPM it goes rich and goes to around 10.8 . My timing is set at 14 degrees. I'm running 94 octane. Plugs are gapped at .028 .

I hear the pump you are running can be a problem due to the returnless style setup, but don't quote me on that.

What injectors are you running? I'm running the 03 Cobra injectors and MAF. I was going lean over 6,000RPM as well, but after we put the BAP on it cured all my problems. Not very expensive either.

Oh, and at 480RWHP, as long as you run high octane gas, don't get detonation, and change out your plugs.....assuming nothing goes wrong....you should be fine. But be prepared for the worst....cause you just never know.

Last edited:

mike01svt

Established Member
I start getting lean around 6k as well... It is more than likely the 255lph pump. a/f is like 11.9 -12.2. She gets lean at 6k and then never comes back down... I am unning the 42# injectors, 80mm Pro-M Maf/

mike01svt

Established Member
timing varies i think from 14-16 at max... but i could be wrong on that one... also running the tr6 plugs at .32

99SVTAddict

Established Member
SQ is the way the gear is cut...makes it "super quiet"

S-trim has the GT impellar....more boost, biulds boost down lower too.

SC-trim....made for the Cobra's to keep boost lower. 9-10 lbs is the norm.

E-trim...what they originally recommended for the 99-01 Cobra's...only 6 lbs of boost.

V2 (SQ) is what you see most of the time on our cars. They still make the V1 which is the loud one.

Got it.;-) :beer:

tonydahose

Established Member
go get some new track #'s mike and u better be in the low 12's if not 11's or i am gonna come down there...lol:burnout:

mike01svt

Established Member
Originally posted by tonydahose
go get some new track #'s mike and u better be in the low 12's if not 11's or i am gonna come down there...lol:burnout:

LOL i am gonna try, but i am a little worried about my fuel problem... I would need to shift the car at 6k.. which is gonna hurt my et

tonydahose

Established Member
Originally posted by mike01svt
LOL i am gonna try, but i am a little worried about my fuel problem... I would need to shift the car at 6k.. which is gonna hurt my et
after you get a new fuel pump...i saw in a post a guys was trade/selling some parts ...didnt know if u saw it...its in this forum

99SVTAddict

Established Member
You missed what I posted...I have the S trim, model V2 SQ.

S= impellar blade.
SQ=the cut on the impeller blade.
V2=not sure here, but I beleive this is what every SQ model is...like "version 2"

Your options are for your motor:
E-trim
SC-trim
S-trim
Then you can go bigger in the trim levels but you better have a motor to go with it.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread