Dyno results are in - Questions

NVMYPWR

Established Member
I dyno'd in 90 degree weather with 2400 miles on my 03 at 378.7 hp.

I didn't get torque because it was just a $50 HP shootout on "customer appreciation" day and I wanted to see what it would do.

I only have:

9" S&B Power Stack Intake Unit
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body & Intake Plenum

Does this sound about right?

The hood was closed with no fan pointing at the car and the car had about two hours to cool down.

Another guy with an 03 that had 6000 miles on his car and the same CAI but stock throttle body pulled 380.

I'm wondering if my car will continue to get stronger over the next 2000 miles.

Any thoughts? Does my car sound to be pulling about what it should with those mods?

NVMYPWR

Established Member
C'mon guys...12 views and not one response? I'm just looking for a quick comment as to whether or not this sounds right.

Also, this was on a Dynojet dyno.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Sounds right to me, your car is still being restricted by the stock exhaust, swap it and you'll be right around 400rwhp.

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
Sounds right to me, your car is still being restricted by the stock exhaust, swap it and you'll be right around 400rwhp.

On Tuesday I'm expecting my Bassani midlength headers, x pipe w/cats and catback to arrive. :D

Then once that's on, I can put my 2.80upper and Superchip on as well.

All in good time.

I just wanted to know if that sounded about right. I was really disappointed that a guy with the same setup except stock TB dyno'd 2hp more than me.

Has anyone LOST HP with the Accufab TB? Or could my car still gradually get a bit stronger over the next 2,000 miles?

His had 6000+ while I had 2400.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by NVMYPWR
I'm wondering if my car will continue to get stronger over the next 2000 miles.
My car:

October (cool), 1,100 miles, K&N drop-in = 367 RWHP
May (hot), 5,600 miles, 9" Powerstack + Flowmaster catback = 397 RWHP

HTH

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Just curious did you get your car dynoed at Anderson's motor sport in Clinton IL???? Well if you did that is a good dyno. We do alot of pure street tuning there. Good numbers

Friendchicken

You've only done half the work and should get a much better number once you do exhaust. I only have a x pipe w/cats and got 396/415, but my car is a bit of a freak.

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 VET ETR
Just curious did you get your car dynoed at Anderson's motor sport in Clinton IL???? Well if you did that is a good dyno. We do alot of pure street tuning there. Good numbers

Yup. They had their customer appreciation day. It was pretty nice. There were two others 03's there and lots of Mustangs in general.

There was a nice worked over 5.0 with a 680rwhp dyno sheet.....*drool*

Users who are viewing this thread