Dyno question

P_RsSVT

Established Member
My buddy just got his ZO6 dynoed in a mustang dyno. His mods are headers, hi-flow cats and cold air intake. He got 395HP and around 405 TQ. My question is how much lower does a mustang dyno read versus a dynojet.. Thanks..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
With my car it has been an average of about 5-7% difference.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
So he is looking at about 423 hp and 433 tq. That seems about right to me.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
If it's a late model 03/04 with those mods, on a dynojet it would put out 375-380rwhp, TOPS! And that's including a tune.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
We already went at it briefly. We both lost traction but i jumped ahead of him. Mutual friend has been in both cars and he says mine feels stronger.. We may go to the track in apr or may... And it is a 03/04.. Not sure which year though..

P_RsSVT

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
If it's a late model 03/04 with those mods, on a dynojet it would put out 375-380rwhp, TOPS! And that's including a tune.
The guy who tuned mine said the same thing. But I saw his mustangdyno sheet today and it said 395hp, so as HISSMAN pointed out, around 423hp..

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
P_RsMach1 said:
The guy who tuned mine said the same thing. But I saw his mustangdyno sheet today and it said 395hp, so as HISSMAN pointed out, around 423hp..

Not to start a war, but somebody was playing with the dyno to come up numbers like that. I've owned many Vets, last was an 01. All my friends have Zslow6's, and modded. I've been to the dyno numerous times, and NONE have put out anything close to those numbers, WITH those mods. (On a dynojet.)

P_RsSVT

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Not to start a war, but somebody was playing with the dyno to come up numbers like that. I've owned many Vets, last was an 01. All my friends have Zslow6's, and modded. I've been to the dyno numerous times, and NONE have put out anything close to those numbers, WITH those mods. (On a dynojet.)

Im all about messing with him.. He's already mad because he spent 2000.00 and only got around 30hp. I spent 800.00 and went up to 458hp. never dynoed mine stock but i would say i got around 80hp.. So ill tell him exactly what you said, just to get him mad :D .

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Even on the same car, a Mustang dyno will read differently depending on the trim loads added by the operator, (which affects mechanical efficiency). If your friend wants a DynoJet number, he'll have to run it on a DynoJet to know for sure.

We are definitely spoiled with how easy our cars are to mod! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread