dyno numbers?

JVENOM

Established Member
what type of dyno numbers should a 2V mod sohc see with all bolt-ons with a cam?:read:

JVENOM

Established Member
pi head GT with TB & plenum,pullies,full exhaust,373's,maf sensor an a vt stage 1 cam. what type of dyno numbers rwhp?

spike_africa

Established Member
275-285rwhp could be higher by a hair could be a bit less. Its hard to say what a car would make but that should be close with those mild cams.

Casper23

Established Member
spike_africa said:
275-285rwhp could be higher by a hair could be a bit less. Its hard to say what a car would make but that should be close with those mild cams.

werd 275 285 sound correct. i had a 4.6 with every bolt on and the big comp
cams made 300hp 305tq put 3 inch exhaust and got it retuned and made 316hp 321tq put ported heads on it and sold the motor so i could build a turbo. exhaust helps big on these cars i say go 3 in!! if you are running bottle!

s3c2n01

Established Member
that sound about right on the #'s but it also depends on the tune. you can make it or break it on a tune.

JVENOM

Established Member
mannn, i thought i would of been around 300 rwhp, i guess 275 wouldn't be bad or around it...

JVENOM

Established Member
For the cars I've raced before with just bolt-ons....I think I will dyno a little higher....those dyno numbers seem kind of low...

spike_africa

Established Member
actuly his car is a 98 so i assum eits a 96-98 shortblock with PI heads and intake upgrade? if so the power will be a bit higher then i said because of the added compression will give you more power. Unless you did a motor swap to a 99-04 2v.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
245rwhp is around stock give or take a few hp. 275-285 is right for your car, that cam setup isnt aggressive enough for around 300rwhp

Casper23

Established Member
JVENOM said:
at 275-285 rwhp how much lbs of torque?

honestly it depends. i can tell you 283 to 310 tq the smaller the cam the more torque orver hp, the bigger the cam well you will loose on tq but gain in hp. im sure there are other opinions out there so this one is mine. but honestly tho take it to a dyno and see the real power just dont expect much

Users who are viewing this thread