Dyno Numbers

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yes similar journeys! I have the 132. If I see a 150 TB hit the market maybe I'll pick it up to play around with it. I hear people can't get the car to idle with the 150 so it might be fun to try and conquer that beast. Also I saw a post on Facebook earlier that a switch from the stock ecu to aftermarket moved the power band way up too. Very interesting.
That is very interesting. Yeah that 150 is a leaky SOB. If you ever wanna experiment with it I'll send it to you and if you like it you can buy it and if not just send it back lol. The 132 was a lot better.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
That is very interesting. Yeah that 150 is a leaky SOB. If you ever wanna experiment with it I'll send it to you and if you like it you can buy it and if not just send it back lol. The 132 was a lot better.

I might take you up on that. We're you having trouble getting the blade in the right spot?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Excellent build and results!
How was your experience at that dyno shop? I’m from Ohio also.
Figure out a way to make Norwalk NMRA?
-J

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
The dyno is a small 1 man operation but he's a cool guy that is pretty smart. Works on all kinds of stuff. My family will be at Norwalk all weekend racing. I'm trying to make it Friday, and hopefully Sunday.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I might take you up on that. We're you having trouble getting the blade in the right spot?
Yeah I kept messing with the set screw but I think that wasn't the issue. I emailed Whipple and he said to try and RTV the TPS sensor and then the nut on the OTHER side. I tried doing the TPS sensor but I didn't see how putting RTV under the nut would help. At that point I just called them and got the 132MM back. It's manners are way better.

But yeah if you wanna give it a try let me know, I'd be more than happy to let you and curious to see how it goes.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
How much dwell are you running? The stock coils saturate past 1.8msec

Nominal dwell is 2.9 with spark duration set a 1.3ms. I do notice from time to time I get the slightest burble at stead state cruise and as soon as you tip in even the slightest amount is smooth right out. Running a 024 gap I figured I need to play with spark plug gap a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread