Dyno Numbers sound right to anyone?

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I have got an 03 Cobra, 29,000 miles. It has a 2.93 upper pulley, Stage 5 Steig. Port, K&N cold air intake, MRT H-pipe with cats, Magnaflow catback. It has other mods, however those arent important when finding RWHP.
Anyway, i had the car dynoed before the Stage 5 port, it was 435 RWHP in 2008.
I just had car dynoed yesterday at Brenspeed (Piercton, IN). I only put down 470 RWHP.
I have no fuel mods, which i was told i shouldnt need it tuned or change any fuel mods. However, my MAF was pegged around 6500 RPM. My air/fuel ratio was lean, which had to be changed in the tune as well.

Has anyone ran into this same situation? I was just curious to get some feedback if these dyno numbers sound correct?

thanks guys appriciate your feedback.

Most Recent Dyno Sheet (5-25-10)

30096398281001959503956.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Air/Fuel Ratio (5-25-10)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Before Port Dyno Sheet (11-1-2008)

30096398559576959503956.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Air/Fuel Ratio (11-1-2008)
2008airfuelratio.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
I think with that ported blower you would need a mafia and a BAP. Pretty sure that's why you are not getting near the full potential. Do you have a copy of the a/f graph?

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I think with that ported blower you would need a mafia and a BAP. Pretty sure that's why you are not getting near the full potential. Do you have a copy of the a/f graph?

Yes, i just posted the air/fuel graphs from both 2008 and 2010. Steig. said i would have to do nothing, no fuel upgrades or mass air with only a stage 5 port. Thats why i was curious on how my MAF was pegged, supposedly didnt have to have a tune after the port as well. But my air/fuel was lean.

cbr repsol

Established Member
my friend has a stage 5 with tq plate,2.76 and no fuel mods . He made 470rwhp and 462rwtq. So i think your pretty much in the same range as him. His maf wasnt pegged though,every car is different. I would have you tuner add more to your air/fuel ratio its bad news to run these cars lean.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My guess is you need a Mafia, at minimum, and the tune changed accordingly. Some seem to need a Bap, some don't. Did they Datalog, that is where the real answers are...

efnfast

Established Member
The numbers (and some given above) seem a bit low to me for a ported blower?

I just did mine on the dyno - 04, magnaflow catted X/catback, fipk2, 2.8 pulley - and I pulled 470/477 with an a/f between 11.7 and 11.9 throughout the curve. I would have thought a ported blower would put you over/around 500, no?

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Seriously.

You are NOT going to get the max potential from the Stage 5 without a BAP and some MAF help such as a MAFia.

Your power levels sound right for a tune that is working with what it has.

You NEED either a bigger MAF or a MAFia and a BAP. Bottom line.

and that should put you around 500. If you want more, consider a crank pulley. 4# seems to do the job.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
You're not getting the maximum potential from that port at your boost level. Either a 2.76 upper or keep your current upper and get a lower. That plus a mafia for sure and maybe a bap and you'll be in the 500rwhp neighborhood.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Like others have stated get a couple more supporting mods and a lower pulley... you wont regret it.

lgonz051

Established Member
also depends what your intentions are, if you want to make it just to 500 rwhp id go with a 2.76 upper only, running a lower does build up more heat. and you may or may not need mafia/Maf, or BAP, or GT pumps. But ill tell you this, its around 250 for the BAP and compared to the price of a rebuilt motor due to leaning out is not worth it. If your going to tune your car dont half ass it and do it the right way. Just be safe.

I am running stock upper for now and waiting for 60lb injectors, i already have the SCT MAF, and i plan to do Twin GT pumps.

Last edited:

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Wow, thanks for all your input guys. Im def. leaning towards the BAP, MAF and possible a JLT along with a lower pulley. Def. helped out guys, thanks again!

Keep it straight and fast!
Aaron

mustangal

Established Member
When i had mine dyno tuned(steggy stage 5 2.76) my MAF didnt peg and neither did my pumps....i made sure of that when tuner was tuning my car....what timing are you peaking at? I made 475 at 18* of timing on 91 for a safe tune. I just hear that some cars need mafia and bap....but mine didn't. My air fuel was nice and safe also...and i would add fuel if your getting on the lean side. Better to spend the 250 than thousands.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very rare to see a quality ported Eaton setup with only a 2.93 upper (14 lbs?) for boost. This is not taking full advantage of the port for sure. A pound of boost can increase RWHP by 8-10 horsepower.

You never indicated what tip in advance timing you are running. Most of us are runnning 20-22 degrees of advance on the street, but ocassionally, you will see much lower. A degree of advance timing is a little harder to measure horsepower wise, but one can roughly expect a 5-6 RWHP increase per added degree of advance timing.

And there are indeed some "creative" tuners out there that can tune a 500+/- horsepower setup without adding fuel supply help or increasing the MAF measureables. However, this is becoming more and more rare as tuners have found that increasing the capacity of these two areas can result in better performance and is a superior way to tune.

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Very rare to see a quality ported Eaton setup with only a 2.93 upper (14 lbs?) for boost. This is not taking full advantage of the port for sure. A pound of boost can increase RWHP by 8-10 horsepower.

You never indicated what tip in advance timing you are running. Most of us are runnning 20-22 degrees of advance on the street, but ocassionally, you will see much lower. A degree of advance timing is a little harder to measure horsepower wise, but one can roughly expect a 5-6 RWHP increase per added degree of advance timing.

And there are indeed some "creative" tuners out there that can tune a 500+/- horsepower setup without adding fuel supply help or increasing the MAF measureables. However, this is becoming more and more rare as tuners have found that increasing the capacity of these two areas can result in better performance and is a superior way to tune.

Your car is in the tens?

I'm assuming weight reduction and gears?

I hope to install my stage V soon. 10's are a dream at the moment.

JymBart

Established Member
Seems low to me.

Horsepower by Hermann tuned mine, ......... I needed the Bap, Bigger Mass Air and and Injectors.

JymBart

Last edited:

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
My stage 5 pulled 527/533, but I too needed the BAP, MAF, and 60# Injectors

The bad news is I am now chasing down all sorts of part throttle bugs... bogging/surging/mis-fire... oh joy.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely want MAF help with a port, I'm surprised that anyone would say otherwise. As the others have said once you get your fuel and air delivery sorted out, spin the blower faster and you'll see some nice numbers :beer:

TVSCobra

Established Member
My pumps and MAF were pegged with the mods in my sig before the MAFIA and BAP. My pumps wouldn't max out on cough...cough...someones tune, but once I went to another tuner the car felt a lot stronger. Car would act like it was on the rev limiter at higher rpms at times and dataloging confirm my pump duty cycle was 98 percent and MAF counts where 1023 by 5900 rpm (not sure will have to check to be sure of the exact RPM). But my A/F was okay up to that point. You should be out of MAF and Pump cycle, unless the tune is weak or you have another problem. Your number look okay, every dyno is different. But you should have a MAFIA or SCT MAF and a BAP at the least if not 60lb injectors too.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I don't mean to hijack this thread but there seems to be a lot of good knowledgeable eyes reading it so I must ask ask a question...Are my air/fuel readings good? #6 lower, kb bap and a zex wet kit 125 shot.
100-Shot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread