Dyno numbers in for 18# of Turbo on pump gas

LightningFast00

673/753 pump gas
Established Member
Dyno numbers in for 18# of Turbo on pump gas (a video added)

661/736 on pump gas

BrianTurbo13dyno18.jpg

Its kinda hard to see but those are the numbers for my daily driving 12# and my weekend and track 18#... But they are both on pump gas... The little dip at the end is the converter unlocking at 5500 rpms... We are going to change that since the hp was still climbing... But my shift points will be around 5400-5500, still playing

We are now doing some fine tuning and there is no stall problems... I went and test drove it and it is actually scary on the two lane roads where i was and wasn't able to get into full throttle. I am psyched. We are now choosing the boost controller and playing around with tranny settings and a few other things... This turbo is actually staying very cool and we haven't had the fans kick on yet, but I do believe we blew a relay, so we are going run that down this weekend... I should have the dyno video up this weekend and the sheets... Of course their printer broke and their a/f box went on the fritz so we had to tune with a handheld a/f but it was 11.6 the whole way, I just cant put it on the graph until they send the box off.

I will probably cruising around at 12# and then use 18# on the weekends or at the track... I am telling you, there is nothing like a turbo, its amazing... Wait til you see the graphs too, I have NO lag at all, the graph is nearly identical as a twin screw in how fast the torque comes in... Its amazing and the truck is a complete beast...

Stay tuned for videos and graphs...

See post 7 for some tuning video, not full runs but getting closer.... The other videos are still being edited for the full passes...

Last edited:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
I dont know why everytime i see something about turbos i think its gay. Dont get me wrong for saying these I know i shouldnt think like these but I think is because of all the ricers around her are always bragging abot their turbos. I think the only way to get it out of me is to get rape by a turbo or something.But with your # I would mind sounding gay haha

Last edited:

LightningFast00

673/753 pump gas
Established Member
i'll be happy to suck the bumper off the front of your truck to help you out with that problem... The feel of this turbo is amazing and totally different... But wait till you see the graph, no lag at all... It hits like a twin screw then just doesn't let up... amazing....

Last edited:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
LightningFast00 said:
i'll be happy to suck the bumper off the front of your truck to help you out with that problem... The feel of this turbo is amazing and totally different... But wait till you see the graph, no lag at all... It hits like a twin screw then just doesn't let up... amazing....

:lol: :lol: to far if not I would let you. But post some vid soon of course to help me out with my problem:D

LightningFast00

673/753 pump gas
Established Member
Well here is one video while we were getting the wastegate spring right... So the pulls are to only 4200 rpms.... But look at the graph and how fast the torque jumps up... wow... 584/709 at 4200 rpms...

th_Dyno4200rpms.jpg

TXSVT1

Established Member
LightningFast00 said:
667/740 18# on pump gas

We are now doing some fine tuning and there is no stall problems... I went and test drove it and it is actually scary on the two lane roads where i was and wasn't able to get into full throttle. I am psyched. We are now choosing the boost controller and playing around with tranny settings and a few other things... This turbo is actually staying very cool and we haven't had the fans kick on yet, but I do believe we blew a relay, so we are going run that down this weekend... I should have the dyno video up this weekend and the sheets... Of course their printer broke and their a/f box went on the fritz so we had to tune with a handheld a/f but it was 11.6 the whole way, I just cant put it on the graph until they send the box off.

I will probably cruising around at 13# and then use 18# on the weekends or at the track... I am telling you, there is nothing like a turbo, its amazing... Wait til you see the graphs too, I have NO lag at all, the graph is nearly identical as a twin screw in how fast the torque comes in... Its amazing and the truck is a complete beast...

Stay tuned for videos and graphs...

what kind of mods do you have in that beast????

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Damn you turbo guys.. Your killing me. Im leaning towards a 2.6L KB later on, but seeing these numbers makes me want a turbo even more.

Users who are viewing this thread