Dyno Numbers..... I think

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Well i had a trip to the dyno today. It was really humid out and everything. It was a dyno day not private dyno session or anything. I showed up parked and popped the hood up. I told the guy i was there and he said oh your next. So i went with the car at full temp no cool down time at all. They strapped it down and brought it in gear and hammered it. The thing pulled like a frieght train until it hit 4,800ish rpm and hung there......spun em on the dyno. The guy gets out cranks the straps more and then does it again. Spun em again. So he cranks it again. Does a third back to back pull and it seemed to get better traction, but it still kinda took longer than i wuld have thought to get from 4,800-6,000rpm because it pulled so hard up to that point. I asked him if he thought it still spun them and he said i dont know it seemed to hook up better. The numbers are low ESPECIALLY in the torque area. But they just hurried me off to get the next person on the dyno. The numbers were 324rwhp and 322rwtq. I just cant be right. My old 302 combo made more Tq than that(326rwtq). I think it still spun on the dyno and he didnt want to admit it. Here is the dyno sheet. Im going to be dynoed this coming friday at a different place and see if the numbers are any different both will be dyno jets. Sorry for the rant. Dyno sheet below

DynoSheet001.gif

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
what kind of tires? Sounds like he didn't know what he was doing. My 03 Cobra never spun the tires on the dyno, even on stock street radials and 426 rwhp.

KotnmthKng

Established Member
I must have just missed you. I showed up around 10 and I went probably 20 minutes after I got there. I didnt see anyone else have traction problems, not even a civic that put down 167FWHP!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
It was wierd right after me a 06 GT with full exhaust and a whipple went and only put down like 310rwhp :shrug:

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
lol, i hate shops like that. It's obvious they don't know what they are doing.

I have one dyno I go to here in indy. I have strapped up 2 different times, and put down the same power, same curve and everything. and the numbers were feasable. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread