Dyno numbers for 3.4 Whipple

04torchred

Established Member
Well I got the car dyno'd up in Edmonton(2 hrs north) on Friday. Blower is running a 3.5" upper and Metco 6.55" lower and I am seeing 18psi with that up here. Sea level it should be about 21psi. With pump and torco this is how the car did. I should have pulled it a little higher, tach was showing 6600rpm so I thought I was good... ah well power looks to still be climbing a bit.

Video - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PhUGsb-hTc"]YouTube - 3.4 Dyno Run[/ame]

Dyno graph

34DynoRuns0001.jpg

First pull was the 680rwhp/604rwtq. 672rwhp/598rwtq was a pull right after that one, maybe 1-2 minutes of idle between those two. 685rwhp/605rwtq pull was about 10-15 minutes after those two.

Jon Lund has done the tuning all the way across the country and she seems to be running pretty healthy. Big thanks to him.

Can't wait to try my stock sized lower pulley ring and see what she does on 110 leaded and 22psi.

Last edited:

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
Very nice #'s for sure. That has got to be a fun ride now.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
6.55" lower, damn, havent seen to many of those on these setups...how safe is that?

04torchred

Established Member
now thats one hell of a mail order tune! LUND for president!

There was a lot of logging by myself and sending Jon the data and him making adjustments. Mail order works just fine, but be prepared to spend time logging and working the tune out. Jon did do a wicked job on the tune :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
IRS still and what mod's for the fuel system please.

Nice ride and great numbers.

04torchred

Established Member
IRS still and what mod's for the fuel system please.

Nice ride and great numbers.

Fuel system is triple 255 external Walbros(2 pumps run full time and the 3rd comes on under 9psi.)

And yes IRS still, I drive it on the street too much to throw a solid axle in it.

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread