Dyno numbers Eaton supercharged

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Had a remote tune session down in Indianapolis with Bob Kurgan this past Monday. I strapped down at Cozzolino Motorsports, had Larry Thomas behind the wheel.

My Cobra is an 2003 with basic bolt ons:
Stiegemeier Stage 5 port
BF 2.9 upper
LFP 4lb lower
LFP single blade TB
Accufab ported elbow
80# injectors
SCT BA3000 MAF
K&N CAI
KB 40amp BAP
LFP dual pass heat exchanger
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Aluminum driveshaft
DTS solid 8.8 rear
31 spline Moser axles
Eaton Posi
QA1 shocks
H&R springs
Maximum Motorsports
-subframes
-caster camber plates
-lower rear control arms
MRT catted H-pipe
(Stock manifolds)
Magnaflow catback

My previous dyno sheet from 2010 @Brenspeed was just:
2.9 upper
Stiegemeier stage 5 port
K&N CAI
Exhaust

IMG_20160912_221615014_zpssjst1zox.jpg

Here is my most recent dyno sheet from this past Monday.

504rwhp
506rwtq

Gained + 34hp
+70tq with the additions

IMG_20160913_104915_zpsah8uls6j.jpg

A pic of Larry Thomas and Pete Cozzolino going over some dyno wideband issues before getting it figured out.

IMG_20160912_133846943_zpsk6njnkqo.jpg

Had to get a photo of the rig before unstrapping. It was a 2 hr drive for us to Indianapolis.

IMG_20160912_131856858_zpsyojs2muo.jpg

I realize that my setup is very basic bolt on compared to many on this site. However I am really happy with the numbers it now has. We always want more HP, in time I will be adding a bigger Supercharger and a fuel system for E85.

I can now say my car has been tuned by 1 of the best around, Bob Kurgan.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Kurgan is definitely one of the best, but I wonder why he couldn't work out that issue around 5k? Looks like it goes rich. What part of the state are you from?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Your 1st dyno used SAE corrected numbers. Your 2nd dyno used standard numbers. So the gains you think you gained are actually less than what is showed. Always ask for corrected numbers.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Your 1st dyno used SAE corrected numbers. Your 2nd dyno used standard numbers. So the gains you think you gained are actually less than what is showed. Always ask for corrected numbers.

What is the usual correction factor that most tuners use? I'm not as familiar with this, I do now notice that there were two different correction factors used.
I figured Kurgan would have used the correct one since he has tuned many cars within his career?
Thanks for the information.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
What is the usual correction factor that most tuners use? I'm not as familiar with this, I do now notice that there were two different correction factors used.
I figured Kurgan would have used the correct one since he has tuned many cars within his career?
Thanks for the information.

One is not correct or in correct. Just different. STD usually reads higher than the corrected SAE.

bigmoose

Established Member
If you plug your environmental data from your graph into an online calculator you are about 2.1% less using SAE correction.

Users who are viewing this thread