dyno numbers and question about boost

KBR

Established Member
Hi,
Finally got tuned yesterday. Made 632HP and 568TQ (standard correction) on 16.7lbs of boost... pump 93 fuel.
Most sources estimated my boost to be higher with VMP 2.3 3.0 upper, stock lower, and stock manifolds.(build info in signature below)

The car is running the best it ever has.

I already have Metco lower setup minus the ring waiting to go on. Also have 3.2 alternator pulley in stock.

Wondering your opinion on options:
run 2lb lower and send it?
run 4lb lower, headers and see where boost falls?
maybe torco/boostane if needed on either setup

As I said in the Terminator Talks section thanks to all who have helped with this build. I couldn't have done it without you.

GodStang

Established Member
Man if it's running nice I would keep it that way for the time being. 17psi and 93 is a really nice spot to be in.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Sending it would be e85 and spinning it on high boost. It’s stupid fun with how much torque is on tap.

KBR

Established Member
UPDATE:
Thanks to the Mustangs of Massachusetts Car Club for letting me join them for their dyno day, and Pete at Performance Dyno, Louden, NH for strapping my car on the dyno for another run. My car made 25 more horsepower and 15 more ft lbs of torque than last month due to better air and maybe better fuel. Today it made 657hp and 583 ft-lb torque(standard correction)...drive-ability is better than new as long as you don't go too crazy with the gas pedal
Dyno 5-11-19 .jpg

lx347cid

Established Member
that's really good with the combo you got- I would leave it as is. If anything a 2.8 with torco with stock lower. Im not a fan of the lower pulley change.

Users who are viewing this thread