Dyno dissapointment

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
Hey guys i have an 01' Lightning, my mods are 4lb lower, predator, cold air, ftvb, i had it dyno tuned we kept it kinda mild my a/f is 11.2 i only dynoed like 357hp and 460 tq, these numbers are horrible for what i have done, my friend with the same setup put down like 373 hp and 475 tq, however my L has 107k but i have always done my oil changes and blower oil and all of the routine maintenance if anyone has any ideas on my horrible numbers or maybe its even my low a/f, i guess what is a safe air fuel thats a little more snotty
thanks and sorry for the confusing post

Mustang dyno or dynojet.......DYNOS DO VARY, not every single one is gonna be the same...... Take out 2% fuel and that will add roughly .5 to your A/F. Whats your timing at also.........

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
i wish i could answer the timing question but i don't know, the dyno however is a dynojet, my predator doesn't really say what the timing is at unless i plug it into a computer which i don't have the cables to do right now i think

damn, thats very low on a dynojet......and be careful with running it hard with those miles on it. What size MAF do you have, if you have an 80mm you are possibly pegging it out.....hook up your predator and do some logging, see what the MAF voltage and timing is at WOT, if your MAF is hitting 5 volts you are pegging. I think thats possibly your problem. Also, where was your peak hp, what RPM?

ok, you problembly arent pegging, only other thing I can think is the timing in the tune......either stock timing or 1 to 2* more than stock. Try and find out, what kinda gas are you using.....

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
yeah that is what i am concerned about i guess,like i said my baby has 107,000 miles on her so i know she has been around the block a little bit, it doesn't smoke or anything, i am not really sure why she is so weak for numbers.

Lightning28307

Established Member
what kind of plugs are you runiing what are your other mods dude if I am not mistaken 11.7 would have been a beeter a/f ration you may be to LEAN

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
well both times on the dyno i have been around 11.2 for the a/f.maybe tomorrow i will data log some numbers, i really don't think that i am running lean but maybe who knows

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yeah get some data loging done and sent to a tuner and have him get you a custome tune done. I plan on doing that once I sell my SCT9100 and upgrade to a Xcal2 with data loging capabilities.

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
also have an '01 and have very similar mods as yours (4-lb, K&N FIPK, full exhaust, FTVB, predator tuner) 388/465, 11.8 A/F, 16 deg timing, 80% humidity, Dynojet

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
i will try to data log tomorrow guys thanks for all the help regardless the truck still whoops up on cars it shouldn't but my buddies with the same mods just eats me alive

OH-MAN

Established Member
Have you ever had your blower off? Some have reported a buildup of oil residue and the rotor flaking particles blocking the intercooler.
Make sure your intercooler pump is running. I have heard of this happening and it drops the power a bunch.
Fuel filter is another thing to check.

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
cleaned the intercooler just had the blower off its still nice and clean, as far as i know the pump is still pumping i suppose i will check it again, i also recently changed the fuel filter

lipt0n svTE

SVT ranch truck Operator
Established Member
yeah the intercooler pump works, i have tr6's, i was looking at my exhaust i recently put a muffler on the bends going to the tips definately aren't mandrel bends they look pretty restrictive, its rainy here today so i am a little cautious on getting her WOT, tuesday i am gonna get my exhaust redone maybe that will clear things up a little, i can't imagine my injectors or anything would be dirty, nor that i have bad rings because it doesn't smoke at all really, boost gauge is always well in the black so i am pretty sure i am pulling full boost

Users who are viewing this thread