Dyno day

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey everyone! I finally got the cobra in for a dyno tune on Friday afternoon.

The car has been cutting out, popping, and just not running well in general. Replaced the plugs and coil packs the previous Friday and still didn't help.

We get her on the dyno and try a base pull to see where it's at on the current tune. Punch it in fourth and immediately let out of it due to how bad it's leaning out. Fuel load was jumping to 16/17.

We dial to a new tune slot and start fresh. Get the fuel load close and lay down 3 runs in the 530/420 range. A little more tweaking and it laid down two runs right at 560/460 at 19 degrees of timing on 93 pump gas.

I'm very happy with the results, and the car is running great. The horsepower is right at what the car put down in 2006 when the motor was brand new, and the torque is actually up from 450.

Link below is the final pull (561/464). I will attach a copy of that graph when I get home (attached below). Nice because it has the layover of the first leaned out pull for comparison.

Last edited:

HiPlains

Established Member
Nice results.....what are your mods ? I'm off to the dyno in a few eeks with a rebuilt motor, ported heads ....

HiPlains

Established Member
Nice results.....what are your mods ? I'm off to the dyno in a few eeks with a rebuilt motor, ported heads ....
I see your mods....I'm waiting on heads from Fox Lake ! We will have a similar set-up except I have the T-Trim. Will be running 10:1 compression with flat heads and 12 psi . Hoping for 600rwhp :) Maybe unrealistic

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Thanks, really happy with the numbers it put down.

Fox Lake does great work; I think 600 is very realistic with a t-trim, head work and supporting mods. Will you be running 93 octane, race gas, corn? Look forward to seeing what you put down!

HiPlains

Established Member
I'm running 93 octane, keeping boost low with that compression. My engine builder wants to switch over to E85 down the road. We'll see ...

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Right on, yea definitely safe bet there. I prefer to error on the side of conservative as well.

The guy tuning my car was pushing E85... not sure if I will go down that path either.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Picture of the final graph
bf2108e7487d257ee58e61ba376a38cb.jpg

HiPlains

Established Member
Always room for more power, right ? Nice looking chart.....I'm going to be squirming when the new motor gets pushed to redline ...yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread