dyno day this sunday 3/28

ghostrydyr

Established Member
MotoX

I don't think there will be tunning. They do however do a/f readings. If you have your predator I'm sure you can make your own changes per pull.

This is actually a Mach1 event from the registry. The guy putting it together is a real cool and goes by the handle tach9. I use to have a Mach before this Cobra. The last time (about 2 onths ago) there where 3 03 Cobras that showed up. I realized then I needed an 03 Cobra:rockon:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Yes I got it but RPM sent me the wrong size belt for the 2.8. I figured i should find out what i have now and after the 2.8. James did tweak the pulley tune for me for 91 octane, 3" straight thru cat back and K&N FIPK si it should be close...well I hope.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Did you try the "91 octane performance tune" w/out a pulley? Just curious, as I was looking into getting a predator w/out a pulley and wanted to make sure there werent any pinging issues with it.

ghostrydyr

Established Member
No I didn't. I've been thinking of doing that for this Sunday's dyno but I think I should just wait till I get the belt and the pulley on. I don't know if your waiting to do the pulley later for warranty but I have been second guessing myself. I may not even put the pulley on at all.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Yeah, i think you can swap pulleys back and forth without leaving a trace, but you have to be pretty careful. I think im just gonna stick with a predator and work on DRIVING! hehe...

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ghostrydyr
Thay's a nice truck Larry! Have you dynoed it before? Lower pulley?

I've dynoed it a few times at Apex. But I recently installed a KB Blower. I'd like to see what it will do with a stock block,heads and a mild tune. I'm running 14-15 lbs of boost.

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Holy shyt Larry!! That thing is a beast:eek: Same here I would love to see and hear that beast in person:bowdown:

MotoX congrats on breaking into the twelves btw!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
F*** off! That shit is a secret!!

hahahaha j/k:beer:
I really am not a good driver, I think luck had a lot to do with it (this was my 2nd time to the track, EVER).
I dropped my psi to 24lbs this time around...and pretty much went off of idle, maybe a little bit above. Basically I practiced around town to slip the clutch and give it enough gas to find the point where it doesnt bog yet doesnt roast the tires... I found that If I let out the clutch too quick (or even just dump it) it would either bog or spin(hop). I pretty much just drove around town all week practicing, hehe. When I got 2.4-2.5's before I think I bogged it every time. I tried to slip it and have enough gas to get the car moving and prevent it from bogging at all. Dont really know if any of that made sense, but it was what I was ATTEMPTING to do...Still tons of room for improvement though, im hooked!:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread