Dyno Day at Mustang Magic

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Had a great time seeing all the guys again Jim V, Rich, Joe, Harvey, Marlon, Mike, Fred, Matt and Mike. Alot of the cars came in close to stock and left pushing 500 lb ft of Tq. It's about time that Ford made a car like this, that you can add about $1000 of boltons and it will run easy 11's on street tires.
Also the dyno ran very smoothly and Joe's guys did a great in helping me get the guys in and out. I took some pretty wild rides to checking A/F ratios too! :burnout: Hope to see all you guys in Bowling Green!
Rick/Linn

A's Cobra

Established Member
can you post any of the charts.... just make sure you plot out the compay names at the top

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I remember a few numbers..one was 468/495.
also My friend Harvey's car that was bone stock on Friday and Sat dynoed 450 Rw and 470Tqe after just Chip,pulley, catback and airbox.
These results are mind boggling to me.

Jim V.

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
Had a great time seeing all the guys again Jim V, Rich, Joe, Harvey, Marlon, Mike, Fred, Matt and Mike. Alot of the cars came in close to stock and left pushing 500 lb ft of Tq. It's about time that Ford made a car like this, that you can add about $1000 of boltons and it will run easy 11's on street tires.
Also the dyno ran very smoothly and Joe's guys did a great in helping me get the guys in and out. I took some pretty wild rides to checking A/F ratios too! :burnout: Hope to see all you guys in Bowling Green!
Rick/Linn

Had a great day yesterday at Mustang Magic. My 03 vert dyno'd at 372.7 hp and 371.5 ft-lbs with just a k & n air filter. Thanks again to Jim V. who let me drive his Cobra to get the feel/sound of the cat backs and shifter. I was just considering the catbacks until I drove his car and now am convinced that it needs both. It is a totally different feel with both mods. You are right again Jim....Thanks. Oh yeah one more time......HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Sounds like everyone had a great time at the dyno shop:D that is the way it should be! Rick i am looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in Bowling Green this weekend!

Matt

The Loon

Established Member
Added the Mac cat and dynoed at 392hp/379tqe. Thanks goes out to Rick at Amazon Racing for showing me what my car could do with his awesome airbox and chip..

Looking foward to it after I settle the stupid tranny and clutch issue with the dealer...

Thanks for letting me go ahead of you so I can get home for my kids b-day

Nice to meet you all and hope to see you again.
The Loon

mds370

Established Member
I was also at the dyno day at Mustang Magic. Just want to say thanks to Amazon Racing and Mustang Magic for a great day.
My 03 Dynoed at 387hp and 372 torque with only the silencer removed and a Holley track flow filter. I can't wait to add the mods.
Thanks again,

Marlon

MJ32V

Established Member
Rick,
Yes, the A/F ride was interesting to say the least. Nice to see that it maintained 11.2 A/F according to the Horriba meter during whole ride.

Here's the numbers...
Note: Shop was warmer than the 82F outside air temp, NO ice used, engine temp 1/3 up gauge first run, 2nd run near half scale with the runs separated by 15 minutes.

Run 1: 463.8 HP / 495.6 ft-lb
Run 2: 469.8 HP / 493.9 ft-lb

Amazon Diablo chip
Amazon CAI
Bassani catted X and cat back
2.86" pulley
Gatorback belt (74")

Would like to see what ported/polished TB does....

MJ

mosconiac

Established Member
I can't believe that I live in such fortunate times of Ford history. Can you believe Ford built a Mustang platform that is the basis for pushing nearly 500rwhp with SIMPLE modifications?

In the '80s & '90s, I used to wish I was born earlier so I could have participated in the "Muscle Car Era", the '60s....little did I know that the new "Muscle Car Era" was right around the corner.

The mods listed by the '03 owners above add up to nothing more than a weekend project.

You can order your parts on Monday (pulley/chip/exhaust/filter), wait for the parts to arrive during the week, install on Friday night/Saturday morning, go to the dyno on Saturday afternoon and brag all Sunday about how you went from a stock '03 to a 475rwhp monster with nothing more than simple hand-tools and a dyno.

BTW, I have a '68 GT at home with a dual-quad, 427 Side Oiler. I can tell you that the 427 is a fun ride, but an absolute nightmare on the street. Although the power levels are similar, the 427 is an entirely different experience compared to the Eaton-blown 4.6L. I can putt around town in the '03 all day without worry. I don't have to worry about carbs loading up the motor, overheating at low speeds or the random part failures of 35 year old parts.

What do you know...these ARE the gold old days...

Mosconiac

Users who are viewing this thread