Dyno Dave's this weekend??

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
If my belt shows up in the mail by friday, I am willing to commit to a second slot later in the day. I'd like to do the following pulls:

3.1 pulley with 93 octane and 2.93 tune
3.1 pulley with 91 octane and 2.93 tune
2.93 pulley with 93 octane and 2.93 tune
2.93 pulley with 91 octane and 2.93 tune

So I would need some cool down time, and time to change the belt and pulley. I'd prefer the 11:30 or 12 slot since I hope to spend the rest of the afternoon house shopping.

mystick

Established Member
FreSh03Gt said:
Move me to 11:30 and Also the 99 Viper can't make it but I do have a friend with a SVT focus that wants in so give him the 12:00 spot if thats cool with everyone.

Well i all ready requested the 1130 slot but for the sake of the group i can take the 900 spot if it will help. as long as i not the only one there first thing in the morning. either that or some one is buying me a beer later. lol :beer:

seanwr400

Established Member
Well guys you will have to count me out. 2:30 - 2:45 would be the earliest I could have made it and from the sounds of it you guys will be done by then and Dave will have gone home. I will sed. an appointment at Alt. Auto, need a tune anyways. Have fun guys and make some BIG #!!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
postban said:
I talked to Dave today about this dyno day and he was kinda upset. His stipulation was there there would be 12 cars, one after the other in order to get the discount rate of $50.

He told me the deal is this, first car on the rolls at 9am, next car right after it. No lulls, period. No one to dyno and he shuts it down and goes home. All you late guys are gonna need to move up your time immediately. If we do not get at least 10 cars the rate changes to $60 for 1 pull and $75 for 2 pulls. Dave is a cranky old guy but I can see where he is coming from. Either change your time to suit the dyno operator or pay full price for the convienience of showing up when you want!

Regardless, no 10 cars minimum, no discount rate. We need more cars right now to commit or everyone signed up automatically pays more.

Everyone remotely interested in getting together for this had better commit now.

For the record...Dave NEVER stipulated 12 cars...PERIOD!!!! :mj: :nonono:

Livinsvt

Established Member
I heard a rumor .....snip

Don't start rumors :nono:
*edited by Dougwg*

Last edited by a moderator:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
If my belt shows up in the mail by friday, I am willing to commit to a second slot later in the day. I'd like to do the following pulls:

3.1 pulley with 93 octane and 2.93 tune
3.1 pulley with 91 octane and 2.93 tune
2.93 pulley with 93 octane and 2.93 tune
2.93 pulley with 91 octane and 2.93 tune

So I would need some cool down time, and time to change the belt and pulley. I'd prefer the 11:30 or 12 slot since I hope to spend the rest of the afternoon house shopping.

I have a couple of belts for sale. I will cut you a deal if you want one of them. I have a 74" and a 74.5" Let me know. I will be there and I will bring it.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
mystick said:
FreSh03Gt said:
Move me to 11:30 and Also the 99 Viper can't make it but I do have a friend with a SVT focus that wants in so give him the 12:00 spot if thats cool with everyone.

Well i all ready requested the 1130 slot but for the sake of the group i can take the 900 spot if it will help. as long as i not the only one there first thing in the morning. either that or some one is buying me a beer later. lol :beer:

I will probably be there first thing. I live about 15 minutes away.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I have a couple of belts for sale. I will cut you a deal if you want one of them. I have a 74" and a 74.5" Let me know. I will be there and I will bring it.

Ok, I'll buy one on saturday if mine doesn't show up by then. I think I need a 74.5.

Blue03

Established Member
I can get there earlier also as I only live about 15 minutes from there. I do have an issue with the minimum car thing as George stated. Hey, if he has 7 cars at $50 a pop that's $350 in a fairly short period. I can see him wanting to start earlier and get it done but I don't see putting it to everyone. This club has given him a lot of business over the years. That kind of treatment isn't cool. I don't need to go on the dyno at all truthfully so I could just as well drop it. Maybe Dave needs a call and it's either make $50/car or make 0 :nonono:

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
mystick said:
FreSh03Gt said:

sorry didnt know you already wanted 11:30. I just took the next time that had no name I can make any time except 9:00 so I'm flexable. You guys work it all out and just give me the next available time doesn't matter to me (Day off :pepper: ) Also as a said before I have another guy lined up so I can fill 2 spots if needed.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Snakebite said:
For the record...Dave NEVER stipulated 12 cars...PERIOD!!!! :mj: :nonono:

I was gonna throw it on the rollers for the F--k of it but screw it.
If he can't stick to his deal then I'll keep my MONEY!
I thought it was an scheduled day event not see how fast I can cram cars thru my dyno day.
Like Dave said maybe he was having a bad day. Somebody call and straighten this mess out. Nobody wants to get stiffed or show up and have him be shut down.

My thought:
Let the people who need it go first. Then we can go street race all afternoon.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

JP :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Well, as it sits right now we are short on cars. I have kids soccer game from 10-12 so I won't be there till after I grab some lunch with my kids. I 've spent enough on dyno time lately.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
This is total BS!

We have ALWAYS done our dyno scheduling this way...NOTHING has changed.

WHAT prompted Dave to become so anxious about THIS event...again...NOTHING is being done differently.

HISTORICALLY...from what I recall...we have NEVER had 12 cars on his dyno in one day...and we have had several Dyno Days at Daves.

HISTORICALLY...there has NEVER been a LAG in the dyno down time...it always seemed to work out.

HISTORICALLY...the true dyno time for each vehicle takes MORE than 30 minutes...therefore taking up the "dead space" he is so concerned about.

There is nothing more for me to say on this issue. If he told you 10 cars or no deal...I say NO DEAL!

Somebody other than me can try to straighten this mess out that I had nothing to do with creating.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
F*** Dave then! If it is $50 I am good, otherwise he can shove it. We have been good to him sending business his way and holding how many dyno days there. He is only going to be open another 3-4 weeks anyways. If this is the way he wants to end it then what ever. There are other places for the future that would take our business with a smile.

T.Bone

Established Member
Let me know how this all works out, I was planning on putting my car on the rollers once Doug and I put the new pullies on. I hope to get over to BFWHQ's this evening, but if Dave is going to be stupid about it then I am like the rest. I don't really need a dyno, just want to see if the new pullies make a difference. I am open to the time slot, I am 20 mins away.

Blue03

Established Member
Snakebite said:
This is total BS!

There is nothing more for me to say on this issue. If he told you 10 cars or no deal...I say NO DEAL!

Somebody other than me can try to straighten this mess out that I had nothing to do with creating.

George,"No mess allowed"...... Hey we like it when you straighten out the mess! ;-) Maybe we ought to send Quad in to "discuss" this situation :kaboom: Seriously, I am of the mind to say forget it. I've got plenty of things to do anyway. I agree with Whipplecharged Sonic, if he wants to end it this way then screw it. I think greed is getting the better of him. Unless I see something on this thread about this situation changing then I'm not going. Most of the people on this board have helped Dyno Dave make a living periodically so the ball is in his court now.

Last edited:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Tell you what....

Give me the 9 am if it's open - I can't do a later time. I expect to see/hear Scratchy, however.

<From this point forward Scratchy should always be spelled with an uppercase S; (reference: proper noun: historical event)>.

Last edited:

seanwr400

Established Member
Anybody interested in going to Alternative Auto with me sometime soon? I am in need of a tune, was wanting to check to make sure my A/F was safe @ dave's but that doesn't look like it is going to work out so I will be doing this soon. I know I prob should have started a new post for this, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread