Dyno: 2.80" pulley, Diablo

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip

Well, a stock 2002 Z06 ran 114mph in the quarter on Wed night when I was at the track. It made only 360rwhp but is 500lbs lighter. I'm laying down 443rwhp but at 3840lbs., I can only run 114mph. So, to answer your question. It doesn't take much to spank an '03 making 450rwhp because it weighs so darned much.

Mark
I was talking about the point of maxing out the blower and needing to upgrade it. If you're gonna pick pick pick, have a nice evening.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Gotta put it to the ground if you want to go faster. Maybe you need practice?

Boy do I ever need practice! :) My times sucked but as I'm sure you know, the MPH is pretty much a result of hp/weight.

Mark

03DOHC

Established Member

Boy do I ever need practice! :) My times sucked but as I'm sure you know, the MPH is pretty much a result of hp/weight.

Mark
And aero.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I was talking about the point of maxing out the blower and needing to upgrade it. If you're gonna pick pick pick, have a nice evening.

Dude, I was answering YOUR question:

"Let me ask you this. How many cars would be faster than you once you get to that point? Not very many. That's all I'm saying."

with my post about the Z06 running the same mph as me in the 1/4.

How is that picking? Nevermind, you have a good evening too....

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry, I had a bad day. Wanted to do this:kaboom: to one of my customers today. Just trying to make it to tomorrow. Sorry again.

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there already some guys w/480-500rwhp w/the M112 right now? That's almost 600bhp and they've only just begun. How much more capability do you want?:shrug:

Yeah, but how reliable is the SC with the smaller pulleys, these things arent designed to run that much boost at such high RPMs thats why people have all this trouble with knocking and over reving and such. The best way to go would be to buy a kenne belle or some other twin screw design. Not complaining, just saying that I am worried about modding up this SC.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Aero Dynamics don't mean that much at low speeds, once your going over like 100mph then it matters. I could drive a cardboard box with 200rwhp and spank the shit out of a ZO6.
In the 1/8 mile that is.

Rob Raymer

Established Member

I'm laying down 443rwhp but at 3840lbs., I can only run 114mph.

That's interesting. I'm making the exact same hp as you (443rwhp), and I can only run 114 also. Though I was only running on the stock tires.
So my question is, how did MM&FF run 118 with 2 less rwhp than us?? They claimed 441rwhp and 12.01 @ 118 on stock tires.

I've been feeling like I was doing something wrong until now. Maybe there's more to their story than that?

46stang

Established Member
My personal oppinion is it's 3 things, Driver,weather conditions, and track condition! Evan Smith is a really good driver, the track that mm@ff was at is probably near sea level and prepped well, And in the latest issue they get 119mph on slicks with the weather in the 50deg range!

i went to fontana a few weeks ago when my car was making 425rwhp 440rwtq and i went 12.9 @111.9mph, the track is allmost 1200ft avove sea level, it was 90deg or close to it, and poorly prepped so??
Leon

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Rob Raymer

I don't see anything listing his mods. 124 is some serious mph. What mods, how much boost, and what is the vehicle weight? If it's a stock weight Cobra, it would have to be over 500 rear wheel.

I'd say weather (85degrees and humid) and track elevation (800ft) was why I only saw 114mph. I don't think it's my driving, since I had a 1.90 60ft on the stock tires. Though I will say I'm still not completely comfortable with that 2-3 shift.
It's as simple as doing a search. Refer to button in upper right corner. I'll do it for you...from his sig. Who know's what he's running now.

"HAVEIGHT ? We Do!
2003 Sonic blue
"Big 12" Lightining K&N filter, 2.80 pulley, gatorback belt 74.5 in., JDM chip, Denso Irdium IT20's, KB Strut tower Brace, and Sub-frames, Bassani catted X-pipe
Paul's High Performance Custom 03 Exhaust, Boost Bypass Mod.
463RWHP/445TRQ
Best ET [email protected]"

Rob Raymer

Established Member
"Haveight runs 12.0@124mph!!!"

Link from another thread-->12.0@124mph

I don't see anything listing his mods. 124 is some serious mph. What mods, how much boost, and what is the vehicle weight? If it's a stock weight Cobra, it would have to be over 500 rear wheel.

I'd say weather (85degrees and humid) and track elevation (800ft) was why I only saw 114mph. I don't think it's my driving, since I had a 1.90 60ft on the stock tires. Though I will say I'm still not completely comfortable with that 2-3 shift.

Rob Raymer

Established Member
It's as simple as doing a search. "Big 12" Lightining K&N filter, 2.80 pulley, gatorback belt 74.5 in., JDM chip, Denso Irdium IT20's, KB Strut tower Brace, and Sub-frames, Bassani catted X-pipe
Paul's High Performance Custom 03 Exhaust, Boost Bypass Mod.
463RWHP/445TRQ
Best ET [email protected]"

It's also as simple as knowing that 463rwhp and 3800+ lbs doesn't equal 124mph.

Not trying to start anything, just trying to understand....

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Just steering you in the right direction. I see you're new here. There's a video of Haveight 13R running [email protected]. Posted a while ago and saved in my archives. Stock w/ L pulley. He has since gone quicker and faster. I have enjoyed reading about his mods and experience.

463rwhp and 3850lbs jives just fine w/121mph traps. He came on here the other day asking about the fuel pump and was hinting he had something additional in mind. I guess he did it.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
Matt has not changed anything on the car since i raced with him last!:lol: The temperature was around 75 degrees which was a little cooler than last time at the same track.And yes he was on his stock F1 goodyears!
From the other thread. Guess I was wrong. Same mods, stock tires.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Guys,
Matts car is at full weight and we ran some new dyno numbers yesterday and he was at 481HPSTD and 470HPSAE yesterday,that would put him near 550 at the crank which would be more than enough to run those trap speeds.The altitude was at 600ft. and the temps were around 75 degrees.

03DOHC

Established Member
Rob Raymer- I think Haveight lives in Indiana. PM him and maybe go to the track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread