Dynatech x pipe cat delete pipes?

justablur91

Established Member
so im running a 3" dynatech high flow catted x pipe on my 2007 and i want to remove the cats, does dynatech make off road intermediate pipes to go in place of the cats? i could have swore seeing them awhile back now i cant seem to find them anywhere? other option is just to gut the dynatech cats.

Kenneth

Established Member
VMP sells adapters that you cut your existing mid pipe after the cats.
Maybe that's what your thinking.

justablur91

Established Member
no im actually looking for the 2 pieces that come on the dynatech offroad x that connect to the collector, essentially converting my catted x to a offroad x

08 vap

Established Member
Yes, They sell the sections to replace your cats. I think I paid $129 for them in the 3". Summit use to carry them also.

08 vap

Established Member
Mines a 08. Running the Dynotech headers with 3" X-pipe. I was running the Dynotech Cats but with just over 700 RWHP they started melting in the center so I removed them. the kit I posted will have the pipe, flanges and gaskets. Just unbolt your cats and replace them with these pieces.
What mufflers are you running? I'm running the magnaflow 3" and without the cats it's loud.

justablur91

Established Member
yeah i just did a tvs swap 680-700rwhp and my tuner suggested removing cats i dont want them to fail, im running corsa sport muffles and honestly its rediculously loud with the cats on it now im gunna have to find a different muffler

Nsssane1

Established Member
I just gutted mine out, it was a lil bit harder than I thought since your knocking metal out. But can be done. Mine was a lil louder not to much worse.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Yes gutted them. Takes something like a jack handle something sturdy and keep pounding. And some type pry bar. That's what I used. Some type of press would be better but didn't have that. Comes out smooth like nothing was ever there.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Yes gutted them. Takes something like a jack handle something sturdy and keep pounding. And some type pry bar. That's what I used. Some type of press would be better but didn't have that. Comes out smooth like nothing was ever there.

How would describe how the sound changed after gutting your cats? I want to gut my stock H but I've head that it creates a "echoing" sound because of the bigger walls of a hallow cat instead of the same diameter cat delta pipe.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Well on my setup mine sounds pretty close to the same as with the cats only a touch louder. So I was glad I did it. But probably different with other exhaust setups. But no I don't notice any type of echoing.

Users who are viewing this thread