Dynatech Results

cobra93

Established Member
Thought I'd post my recent dyno results for you guys. Previous best with my '01 was 392/476 with the following mods: AFM Programmable Engine Management System (PMS), AFM Power Pipe, Accufab TB, Pro-M 92mm MAF, Auto Specialties 4-Lb Lower Pulley, Bassani Hi-Flow Cats, Cat-Back.

Replaced the stock exhaust manifolds, Bassani hi-flows and catback
with a complete Dynatech long-tube header system.

Tuned the Lightning on the AFM Dyno last Saturday and with 14 psi of boost
we made 409/505. The long tubes made approximately 20 more hp and 25 more lb-ft throughout the rpm range.

Sound is awesome too.

I have a dyno graph on my site (2001 Lightning link at top) and pics of the exhaust out on the garage floor.

Just wanted to share with you guys.

camcojb

Established Member
How much boost were you making before? Should have been around 12 psi with a 4# lower and now you're at 14 psi which would account for some of the gain in power and torque. Not saying you didn't make more power, but trying to compare equally.

Jody

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think you should write up an install for the How To section. Every couple weeks someone asks how hard it is to install them.

Jesse

cobra93

Established Member
Well, I am making more power, but to answer your question I was making one pound less before the exhaust swap.

camcojb said:
How much boost were you making before? Should have been around 12 psi with a 4# lower and now you're at 14 psi which would account for some of the gain in power and torque. Not saying you didn't make more power, but trying to compare equally.

Jody

camcojb

Established Member
cobra93 said:
Well, I am making more power, but to answer your question I was making one pound less before the exhaust swap.

Thanks, I was not saying you weren't, just wanted to get a fair comparison. I had the Dynatechs before and was a relatively easy install. Got a new set coming and will be doing a direct dyno comparison at the same boost levels. I also will then be putting four high-flow cats on it plus baffles in the Bassani tips to try to quiet it down. I will then re-dyno again to see if there's any power loss and how much.

I'll take some pics of the install Sid if you want. Wasn't that bad the first time, but I do have a lift to work off of.

Thanks for the info Cobra!!!!!! :beer:

Jody

Users who are viewing this thread