Dynatech Dyno Results

builtarmyofone

Established Member
After many sleepless nights figuring out which exhaust would best compliment the Whipple 2.9, I decided to purchase the Dynatech system with the Magnaflow axleback. I could not find any sound clips with this setup so I had to just gamble and hope it sounded good. I wanted a deep sound that wasnt very raspy, but quiet enough to hear the whipple. I think this combo works perfectly. After each part I put on the car, it goes to the dyno to see if there is any improvement. I will say the fit and finish of this kit is perfect. Now onto the results. The car only has a Whipple 2.9 with stock boost, 72lb injectors, and the Whipple CAI. Has stock TB and pulleys. Honestly, I did not think I would pick up much gain, if any at all. I mainly just wanted the sound. But with the help of Lethal Performance and Jon Lund, these were the results...
whipple_exhaust_dyno.jpg

kent1

Established Member
Nice numbers and a great starting line. There is alot of more horse power and torque to be made with the Whipple if you want it. If you do not go to the track-then you will definitely have plenty horses for the street.:coolman:

tvuser

Established Member
Holy sh*t batman,were those pulls done under the same conditions as in before exhaust then after install. If so I'm sold.I would have bought a Whipple but I was told the stock tb wouldnt bolt up....grrrr...I could choke somebody.Awesome numbers.

Spectre500

23yrs USAF RET
Established Member
Dynatech LT

Nice numbers, I was told that these 1 7/8 put out the best Hp, and fit and finish was top notch.
My Dynatech LT's and Hi Flow Cats are going on this friday, Im sticking with the stock axel backs.
Cant wait to unkork the beast!

builtarmyofone

Established Member
Both numbers are corrected. If anything it was hotter when the Dyno was done with the exhaust. I was very pleased with the setup

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Damn, very impressive, really woke the car up! Some companies say that you don't need headers when you install a twin screw, I think this debunks that comment. 37 rwhp for about 1000 bones isn't bad, and the sound you gain is almost worth it IMO, even if there isn't much of a power gain.

Last edited:

srk1959

Established Member
Damn, very impressive, really woke the car up! Some companies say that you don't need headers when you install a twin screw, I think this debunks that comment. 37 rwhp for about 1000 bones isn't bad, and the sound you gain is almost worth it IMO, even if there isn't much of a power gain.

Shame on them companies............:poke:

noslo50

Established Member
I have had this system since last year, my only complaint is the race cats started blowing chunks out the pipes this spring ,took them off and they were trashed, banged them out and reinstalled. I run a KB@20psi. The rest of this system is top notch. Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread