Dynamic Racing Products- WARNING!!

mynamiseli

Established Member
This is the aftermath of my "King Cobra" clutch and pressure plate bought from Dynamic Racing Products after about 2000 miles. Car is a 2000 GT with Minor bolt-ons.

Clutch1.jpg

Clutch3.jpg

Clutch2.jpg

When I originally received my order the flywheel had 2 huge gashes on the surface and the clutch disk was smashed to pieces. They denied replacing the flywheel and it took them 2 months to get me a new clutch disk. QUALITY AND SERVICE!!

:bs:www.dynamicracingproducts.com:bs:

Last edited:

zapman

Established Member
wow! thats ****ed up! maybe you have a factory freak! lol jk, you going to try and get your money back or just drive by their place really fast and throw it all through the front window?

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
I could have told you to stay away from that piss poor company. I got my smoked headlights from them, and it took 2 weeks to get them. I called everyday to try to get a tracking number but got the run around everytime I called for it :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: and it ended up taking 13 days from the day I made my order to get them. I never got any reason from the shipping dept, the same guy kept telling me they were shipped from the other warehouse :bs:

mynamiseli

Established Member
I'm actually exhausted with even trying to deal with them, so I'll probably just drop it and order from some place more reliable. The only person I could get to answer at their number is someone who sounds and acts like they are 12 years old. They were absolutely no help whatsoever. Just a warning to everyone on SVTP!!

mynamiseli

Established Member
I broke it in slowly over about 750 miles with no launches. After that I'd say I had about 4 hard launches on it. But given the mods: Intake, Ex., Tune.. I just don't see that being the cause. It let go on the highway downshifting from 5th to 4th at about 65 mph.

crizzut

Established Member
weird, I bought a tubular k-member kit from them with no problem. Guys you were sent a defective product, wouldn't say thats dynamics fault, but they should be providing the reliable customer service which I guess they didn't provide for you.

SiL3NtXWS6

Established Member
Do you have an SFI bellhousing? If you don't , be happy you still have legs/floorboards man.

How does your bellhousing look now?

Looks like it happened from being poorly balanced.. or not properly tightened. You can see gashes from where it was wobbling before it broke.

SLOW_GT

Established Member
mynamiseli said:
I broke it in slowly over about 750 miles with no launches. After that I'd say I had about 4 hard launches on it. But given the mods: Intake, Ex., Tune.. I just don't see that being the cause. It let go on the highway downshifting from 5th to 4th at about 65 mph.

damn that sucks. wow i didnt know you were suppose to break in a clutch, oops o well its to late now for mine its been 5,000 miles and still running strong.:shrug:

mynamiseli

Established Member
SiL3NtXWS6: S.F.I. = Nope... I thought the same thing when i seperated the tranny and saw the jagged pieces hanging out. Bellhousing is fine, just needs to be cleaned up a bit. I'm not sure as the what the culprit was, I've installed about 10 clutches so I'm sure it was balanced and tightened properly. Looks like I'll be going centerforce...

yellow98stang

Established Member
i blew a king cobra like that at the track hitting second gear hard in my 98 w/ just boltons and dr's...1/3 of it was stuck, the other half was blown to pieces...

i really liked my Ram powergrab, and would suggest that or something else besides a king cobra...

good luck, Dan

dynamic racing

clutch issue

In responce to this thread posted about our company dynamic racing. This clutch comes with a 90 day warranty that covers manufacture defects. The item in the picture looks like the car was mis shifted from 5th to 2nd not 4th or was extramely abused. The item has heat marks and rust and seems to have more use then 2000 miles. Clutches do not just explode like the one in the picture unless they are abused. The king cobra is a performance clutch and can not be used on SLICKS. As for the customer with the 94-98 headlights, Our shipping is and has always been 7-10 business days as in M-F so 13 days is not more then expected if you read our listings. We offer low prices and never said we guaranteed fast shipping

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
now can you explain to us about the "poor" communications you are said to have?

epracmetcon

Established Member
Had the same thing happen to a king cobra I had. Stock car on a drag radial. Mine cracked the starter and part of the bellhousing. Will never own another king cobra, I have seen this happen with them more then a few times.

93tcoupe

Banned
King cobras are clearly an awesome clutch, but just like every product some of them HAVE to fail, you can't have a true 100% success rate.

Also, I don't know why people are so paranoid about clutches coming through the floor, find me one that actually came through the floor, sheet metal will take the blow out of anything.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
So at what point did you decide something felt wrong? :shrug:

I am in no way defending the company you speak of, but judging by the looks of your pics it was abused. My guess would be dumping the clutch at high RPM's, harsh downshifting, or riding the clutch. Either this clutch wasn't designed to meet your needs or you are underestimating how you drive.

Users who are viewing this thread