Dynamat

Kyle55

Established Member
Has anyone put dynamat directly on there UCA, or anything under the car like the transmission and linkage arms.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Not that I know of, normally I would say "That's not how dynamat works" however..... MGW ships dynamat to apply directly on the shifter support arms. So that's food for thought.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
I bought GTMat for this same use for my UCA. I plan to put it on the floorboards underneath the seats and in the trunk:

lTIeWmu.jpg

dfd4ntg.jpg

Kyle55

Established Member
Nice let me know how if the gmat works. A lot of people say dynamite is not enough. I might go nuts and put some major sound deadening foam or mat under the car. Anyone know wat is a level above dynamite.

evil281

Established Member
Dynamat is a brand not a particular sound level of deadening. They offer several thicknesses depending on how much you want to put down.

bslaw83

Established Member
I tried it for a bit on my spherical bearing LCAs. Didn't really notice a difference, so I took it off. I added some under my seats after installing my UCA and did notice a decrease in NVH. You'll still hear the occasional clunk (yes I have the UCA relo mount), but I'd recommend adding it under the seats if you have some laying around.

Users who are viewing this thread