Dying with Dignity vs. Suicide

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
If you are terminally ill...

And reached that point where you are now in bad bad shape...

And you are suffering, suffering badly, and its only going to get worse...

And you have said all your good byes...

And you have already gotten all your affairs in order...

And the doctors are telling you it wont be very long now...

Should you gutt it out to the last excrutiating painful and gasping choking miserable breath of agony? Is that what you want your loved ones' last memory of your life to be?

Or should you be able to say the same goodbies but spare them, and yourself, those last few touch and go days of drama, pain, and inevitable process of death?

I want to die with dignity. I want to skip the worst pain right before death. I want to skip having my kids to see me go through that agony. I want to skip knowing my last few thoughts will be concern for the hell I'm putting them through. I just want to save us all that last little horrible end of my life.

I watched the movie Marshall. About the college football team that is killed in a plane crash. In the movie they showed everyone on the plane talking and such up to the last moment.... then the screen just goes to black. Each viewer knows what happened, they were just simply spared that last little section with all the gore, damage, and suffering. Why can't my end be like this. I want to go as far as I possibly can, but I want to skip that little bit of gore, damage, and suffering.

What about you?

txyaloo

Established Member
I agree 100%. Physician assisted suicide for terminally ill patients should be completely legal. I should have the choice on when I want to go versus having it drawn out into a horrible existence.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I believe fully in assisted suicide. Its your life, if you want to end it, its your call.

I cant believe theres laws against you taking your own life. suicide is the only law that if you succeed in breaking it, youll never be punished. Evar.

I definitely dont want to go out in some bed gasping for every breath for hours knowing its all going to end anyways and i have to suffer through it.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Euthanasia? Absolutely! To say otherwise implies someone has a higher claim on your life than you. I wish this was made into a poll, a public poll so I could single out the degenerates on this board.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I'd have them load me up into an airplane and push me out at 14,000 feet. That'd be badass.

THat way your grandkids can be like, "Yeah my granpa passed away this weekend. He jumped out of an airplane...with no chute...on purpose. His dick is huge"

If you're a believer, you need to persevere and run your race to the end. And if you have any kind of disease, sickness or infirmity that science says can't be cured...you just need to open up the Bible and study what God says about healing because its His will to heal every believer.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
If you're a believer, you need to persevere and run your race to the end. And if you have any kind of disease, sickness or infirmity that science says can't be cured...you just need to open up the Bible and study what God says about healing because its His will to heal every believer.

What if his will is for you to jump out of a plane?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
THat way your grandkids can be like, "Yeah my granpa passed away this weekend. He jumped out of an airplane...with no chute...on purpose. His dick is huge"

i like this idea.

istockphoto_3010274-bible-thumper.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
And people like 01cobravortech are the reason the rest of us don't have the rights to do what we want with our own lives.

Should have knows this thread would turn into a religion debate.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I've never come across a verse in the Bible where God declares its His will for you or me or anyone to commit suicide. Have you?

Does it say for you to take it like a little bitch? I'd like to call it awesome-cide, not suicide.

Anyways, moving on before you turn this into another religous debate.

And people like 01cobravortech are the reason the rest of us don't have the rights to do what we want with our own lives.

Should have knows this thread would turn into a religion debate.

What issue is there to debate? I posted an answer and someone else posted up a question about it being God's will for someone to commit suicide. There's no religion debate on this thread, just a question and answer. I don't believe Esqeddy stated that the ONLY opinions welcomed were non-faith based ones. As far as killing yourself, by all means go right ahead. It doesn't affect my family.

Does it say for you to take it like a little bitch? I'd like to call it awesome-cide, not suicide.

Anyways, moving on before you turn this into another religous debate.

Go ahead and die. We who believe have a guaranteed legal right to be healed of ALL sickness and disease. So I don't sweat what this life throws my way. Have overcome plenty of diseases already that science said could not be cured.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
What issue is there to debate? I posted an answer and someone else posted up a question about it being God's will for someone to commit suicide. There's no religion debate on this thread, just a question and answer. I don't believe Esqeddy stated that the ONLY opinions welcomed were non-faith based ones. As far as killing yourself, by all means go right ahead. It doesn't affect my family.

Unless I came smashing thru your house after my awesome-cide adventure.

txyaloo

Established Member

We've both been around enough to know that topics like this always turn into a religious debate, and actually Poop asked whether it was God's will for a person to jump out of an airplane. You made the leap that said person was trying to commit suicide by jumping out of an airplane.

You are free to have your views, and while they don't mirror mine, I can respect them. My beef is with other people that share your views which make it impossible for a person to end their pain and suffering on their own terms. There are some things that are incurable. No amount of prayers, donations, or sacrifices will cure said diseases in the time frame it takes for someone to die a painful death by them. People with those debilitating diseases deserve the right to die with dignity.

Last edited:

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member

Tell that to this lady:

French Woman Who Sought Euthanasia Dies - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News - FOXNews.com

Oh wait she's blind! God must really hate her.

It's sickening that people are more sympathetic to a family pet than a fellow human being, or does the same hold true for the family pet? Just "read it the bible and tell it to preserver".

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'd have them load me up into an airplane and push me out at 14,000 feet. That'd be badass.

I wish my grandpa went out like that...

Users who are viewing this thread