Dying Light game just screwed me. Big time....

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
If you're considering buying this game beware. I just put 8.5-9 hours on it and loaded it up tonight to play it and found my xp level progress to be completely wiped out and all my items and weapons erased. My teenage son googled the issue and found it to be a known problem when you reach the latter part of the "Siblings" mission which is exactly where I was. There is no known update or fix for it. He told me to suck it up and play through it again. Here's the thing I'm a grown a$$ man who barely had time to get to that point and who's to say it wouldn't wipe out again when I got there again. Developer Techland can kiss it. Shame on you. In the era of $60 games (which is what I paid) this is unacceptable. Proof your games before they hit shelves morons ! Rant done. So, who wants a lightly used copy of Dying Light for the PS4 cheap ?

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I heard this. I think I'm gonna save my game save to my thumb drive just in case. It is a great game. Too bad this bug is ruining it for some. I have the digital copy and didn't get reset on that quest. How much is cheap for your physical copy? I have a friend thinking of buying it.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Seems like these days you pay $60 to be a beta tester. Games release needing a patch on day 1 followed by more patches/updates...

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I heard this. I think I'm gonna save my game save to my thumb drive just in case. It is a great game. Too bad this bug is ruining it for some. I have the digital copy and didn't get reset on that quest. How much is cheap for your physical copy? I have a friend thinking of buying it.

With The Order 1886, Bloodborne, etc. on the horizon I'm not playing through this again. And it makes me more angry because yes it is a good game. PM me for a price if you want so I don't turn this into a Market thread.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
With The Order 1886, Bloodborne, etc. on the horizon I'm not playing through this again. And it makes me more angry because yes it is a good game. PM me for a price if you want so I don't turn this into a Market thread.

Let me talk to my buddy tomorrow. If you can sell it in the meantime go ahead. I'm waiting for project cars to come out in March. That game will be taking up all of my gaming time for sure.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Managed to get past "Siblings" without glitching the game. I wonder what conditions have to be filled for it to occur? (i.e. having a certain item equipped, etc.)

I only rented it twice, it feels like a 7/10 game for me. I have never been into the zombies genre as a whole as it seems so cliched to me (almost every form of zombie fiction follows the stereotypes to such a tee they are pretty much all the same to me). A lot of the game play elements seem poached from some where else, the taking of "safe houses" and climbing of radio towers is from the last two Far Cry games, and the ability to do multiple quests simultaneously feels like a Bethesda RPG (Fallout 3/newer and recent Elder Scrolls games).

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Seems like these days you pay $60 to be a beta tester. Games release needing a patch on day 1 followed by more patches/updates...

this, Seriously. There should be stricter rules for video games releases. And the fact that they can tell you to pound sound for a refund on digital download is retarded (At least I can resell a hard copy). I wouldn't even be surprised if the master chief collection still only has 1 ranked playlist....

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Video Games have always had bugs. This is nothing new. Add in the fact that games are 100x more complicated than they were, with larger and more demanding system requirements means sometimes bugs dont get fully tested/fixed. Shoot an email to the game manufacturer and tell them you are unhappy and see if they will offer a refund due to a large bug/glitch that makes the game unplayable. Sometimes they will reimburse/buy back the game from you and or give you something to help with getting back to where you were.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I stopped buying games when they are initially released years ago. They are just too expensive and many times full of bugs upon release. Wait 6 months and that $59.99 game is now available on Steam for $19.99 and has had a half-dozen updates to fix gameplay issues.

You want to be the first to play the game? Be prepared to pay the price...

U.M.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
uh oh, i am in the middle of the siblings quest when i saved my game and turned it off last night....

4601S/C

Established Member
Yeah releasing unfinished games in the new norm. I am a fan of the Assassins Creed games myself. I got Unity for Christmas. Popped in my PC, installed the game, and BAM: had to download a 40gig or so update. There is another game coming out soon called EVOLVE. It will have a 3Gb day 1 patch to fix issues that they know about, but don't have the time to fix before it gets released. Broken games are the new norm, even for the big developers.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's the thing I'm a grown a$$ man who barely had time to get to that point and who's to say it wouldn't wipe out again when I got there again. Developer Techland can kiss it. Shame on you. In the era of $60 games (which is what I paid) this is unacceptable. Proof your games before they hit shelves morons ! Rant done. So, who wants a lightly used copy of Dying Light for the PS4 cheap ?

Maybe you should stick with reading a book as a bookmark will always remember your progress. Things like this happen with video games and technology in general. That's part of the breaks with this hobby. Players dealt with the very same thing back in the infancy stages of the NES.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Most of the day one patches are due to them finding more bug fixes from the time they send the file to the burner facilities and the time it hits store shelves.

This is a good thing that we live in a day where they actually CAN patch a game. Remember glitches in your sega, nes, etc games? Good luck patching those.

cj428mach

Established Member
Remember glitches in your sega, nes, etc games? Good luck patching those.

Not really......they all seemed to work pretty good.

I remember the Socom 3 days, you'd wait months for a patch and the patch would fix one item and break 2 more...ah the good old days.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
If you're considering buying this game beware. I just put 8.5-9 hours on it and loaded it up tonight to play it and found my xp level progress to be completely wiped out and all my items and weapons erased. My teenage son googled the issue and found it to be a known problem when you reach the latter part of the "Siblings" mission which is exactly where I was. There is no known update or fix for it. He told me to suck it up and play through it again. Here's the thing I'm a grown a$$ man who barely had time to get to that point and who's to say it wouldn't wipe out again when I got there again. Developer Techland can kiss it. Shame on you. In the era of $60 games (which is what I paid) this is unacceptable. Proof your games before they hit shelves morons ! Rant done. So, who wants a lightly used copy of Dying Light for the PS4 cheap ?

thanks for the heads up dude. just be thankful you have the freedom to waste what is considered to be a full working day in america, playing video games. i'm not being critical, just stating a fact. i'd be pissed as well, so i'm just busting your chops

Marc

Established Member
I don't play videogames...normally. But, I do like the Gran Tourismo series. I was playing the newest one, 60% done with the game and my daughter saved something over my game...I gave up on it...not playing it again to reach that level.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
thanks for the heads up dude. just be thankful you have the freedom to waste what is considered to be a full working day in america, playing video games. i'm not being critical, just stating a fact. i'd be pissed as well, so i'm just busting your chops

Yes I agree that this is definitely a 1st World Problem.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ahhh I was just about to go out and buy it. This stuff pisses me off as well. 60 bucks spent then all these bugs and issues of game freeze ect, ect.

Users who are viewing this thread