DY1184 O2 sensors/relocating harness

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Pondering something here. So when I did the header install, we couldnt quite figure out how to to get the passenger stock O2 to plug into the harness. We unclipped the harness all around the trans but could get it to reach so we used on extension on the passenger side. Dont like that idea too much.

Does anyone have pictures or a good description of how to relocate the harness. I keep hearing flop the harness over to the passenger side but there must be more to it. Does it go under the bell housing?

I heard some guys are using the Raptor O2s (DY1184) as they have a longer cable. The middle of the GT500 part number and Raptor Part numbers are the same. Prefix is different. Anyone try them. Have any luck with them?

sleek98

Established Member
Pull it back over the top of the bell housing to the passenger side and then run it along the bottom and zip tie the extra slack of the wires together. The harness end up running along the bottom on the trans.

sleek98

Established Member
no problem, the extra slack from going over the bellhousing is just enough to reach with longtubes if you drop it under the trans. Its not a clean as the factory routing but I have had mine that way for a few years now and have not had an issue.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Cut out the plastic locator pins that go into the holes in the transmission from the harness and retape them to the harness to clean up the installation. My harness crosses the transmission just in front of the cross member. I'll try and get a pic later this afternoon.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Cut out the plastic locator pins that go into the holes in the transmission from the harness and retape them to the harness to clean up the installation. My harness crosses the transmission just in front of the cross member. I'll try and get a pic later this afternoon.
Thanks! I havent heard if anyone has had any success using the DY1184 O2s. It seems it would be the easiest solution. Maybe its too easy.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Here is the completed o2 sensor wiring re routing. There is one transmission connector that has to be unplugged. You need both hands to fish the harness over. Had to cut the tape off the clips that hold the rear o2 plugs to the harness. Makes things easier to tie back with tywraps. Pretty easy mod

Attachments

• 11242018195440.jpg
    11242018195440.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread