Dusting black car?

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
I use a California car duster (gently) to remove dust, but that damn thing always leaves some streaks / smudges. I then end touching up the whole car with a light spray wax. I do not drive car in the rain, and hence, like to avoid washing as much as possible.

I there a dust removal product that works well with black clearcotes?

Don't get me wrong, the California duster combo with spray wax touch up does well and looks great; however, is a bit time consuming when you want to just "dust off the car" (like 30-45 minutes). If you know of better solutions to dusting with no streaking / smudging, please share. Thanks a lot!!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
How long have you been using that duster? I had the same problem, but only for the first couple of months.

Also, are you storing it in the car? I do, too... could be storing it in the heat is what's keeping the waxstuff in it liquid and making streaks.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
How long have you been using that duster? I had the same problem, but only for the first couple of months.

Also, are you storing it in the car? I do, too... could be storing it in the heat is what's keeping the waxstuff in it liquid and making streaks.

This is my second duster (first one laster approx. 1 year). I store it in the garage, so it is exposed to heat.

I followed directions, allowed to sit on newspaper for at least 48 hours before first use.

Also, have you noticed that the duster also creates little, fine scratches on the car, especially when you car's is smoothly waxed and surface is really smooth?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I wash my CA duster in the washer to get rid of their oils. I then proceed to mist it liberally with my favorite QD and dust the car.

I've found that it does scratch slightly, and have since swapped to Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. Its like a QD on 'roids basically. Its meant to remove heavier dirts and dust when compared to a regular qd.

www.poorboysworld.com

Users who are viewing this thread