Duryea hillclimb 2014, Reading PA

nekasrof

Established Member
Ride along on a 113.3sec pass at the Duryea hillclimb in Reading PA. 2.3 miles of tearing up a public road. There are a bunch of mistakes so I left a bunch of time on the table. Best run on Saturday was 112.2 sec, which happened to be a run to set the new Street Mod class record and also take 2nd overall in a field of 98.

If you live in the area(or not) and you're interested in hillclimbing, this is what you want to study. You won't go this fast, but it'll give you an idea......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2QUTmOoGg

laruei

Established Member
That's badass! I would love to do that

I watched the flyby video that guy posted who commented on your video. it looks WAY faster outside lol

nekasrof

Established Member
That's badass! I would love to do that

I watched the flyby video that guy posted who commented on your video. it looks WAY faster outside lol

In car does NO justice as to how fast it actually is. LOL!! I was shifting into 5th in the fly by and wound up at about 147mph at the finish. It was 6300rpm in 5th.

Also, the steady shot in the Sony cameras takes out a lot of what's going on.

96dreamer

Established Member
In car does NO justice as to how fast it actually is. LOL!! I was shifting into 5th in the fly by and wound up at about 147mph at the finish. It was 6300rpm in 5th.

Also, the steady shot in the Sony cameras takes out a lot of what's going on.
No shit! Here's the video of that turn that someone else uploaded. Gave me goosebumps lol
[video=youtube_share;LZCs2wbbrYg]http://youtu.be/LZCs2wbbrYg[/video]

nekasrof

Established Member
Here ya go. Go to 2:45.
This is turn 2 thru 3(me), turn 4(wife) and finish(me). Finish is 147mph.

[video=youtube;UUjgONc5Wdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUjgONc5Wdg[/video]

This vid is 17min long. You'll see the other cars I was competing against for #1 spot. Just so you know, there's no competition in Street Mod currently, except for my wife. She's not as aggressive as i am so she's going to be slower. But still she's fast at 126seconds total in a 2.3mile course.
There are 2 sports racers and a sunbeam tiger(tube frame car and bad ass) that the 4 of us were after the top spot. The #4 car got me. Well, you'll see it if you decide to watch the whole thing.

The hillclimbs run in June and August each year. But we run other hills as well. In 4 weekends, we'll be in Weatherly PA. This will be our final race of the year. If you're interested in hillclimbing, let me know. Just PM me. We can talk about it. Bring your car and your balls. Hehe. Or, bring your car and take it easy until you're ready. There are safety equipment requirements though. You can't just run.

scott_0

Established Member
damn that intense! had no idea there was anything like this in PA, your car sounds sick!

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
That's a shit ton of corners to memorize! Looks like some remember better than others, judging from the skid marks, LOL! Awesome job driving. I love curves, but to be perfectly honest, I would have a pucker factor of, oh, say around 9.999 out of 10. At around 2/3 the pace.

nekasrof

Established Member
I was watching videos on that last week. Insane.

Looks like a ton of fun op

Its awesome doing this. You can't drive anywhere close to crazy when the road is open. Its such a rush to 'control' the uncontrollable. Car makes close to 640rwhp and is a literal rocket ship.

Coming up on the finish, the car is rolling and pitching. Spectators back up from the wall when I go by. I don't blame them. Its close to being airborne. If you listen closely, you can hear the engine rev as the tires spin just before crossing the finish line. Your heart will stop! LOL!!!

I have to thank my buddy Mark for all the encouragement to get me to drive faster.
Thank Hawk brakes for the pads.
Thank Jimmy for being THE MAN on the tune.
Thank Fred Beans Ford in Boyer town for all the discounts on engines, support and parts.

We will see where the car is next year.

FYI: We have a hillclimb in Weatherly PA in 4 weekends. Sept 13/14

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
You should do tarmac rallys. ESPR is in eastern NY. Not sure if you'd meet the safety regulations, but you're already this far into it might as well go farther.

Users who are viewing this thread