dupicolor matching paint.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
For starters, I have a set of 04 cobra side skirts and mirrors at the house and they are redfire. So tonight my attempt at painting the left mirrior housing... pic in second post.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
a2aby2ud.jpg

It's a shitty iPhone pic but I don't think it came out that terrible. What do you guys think?

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Here's a second picture without as much glare, during the color coats it looked off and now after the clear coats drying it does not look so bad...
nutadypa.jpg

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Looks great to me

thanks, I wasnt so sure at first because it seemed like it took way too many coats to cover the base... still may take them and the bumper/side skirts to the shop that painted the rear bumper last summer

flS/R

Established Member
dupli-color is good stuff if you are patient. Those parts look pretty good. How do they look when compared to a body panel's finish?

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
dupli-color is good stuff if you are patient. Those parts look pretty good. How do they look when compared to a body panel's finish?

Sorry I didn't make note of this, the fuel door is my reference to the dupicolor paint The door is oem dsg. the finish isn't bad, I haven't had a chance to actually get it near the car in natural sun light just yet. At first I was iffy over the color coat because I didn't use a primer, just cleaned and scuffed the orginal paint and that took a few coats to cover... The clear coat is also dupicolor and wasn't too bad either but that also took quiet a few coats to get a high gloss finish.

Users who are viewing this thread