Dunlop M3s on the Cobra...

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
First, I wasn't going to spend 32k on a car and put it away for months at a time because of a little rain or snow, so if you don't like it, it's not your car, it's mine, and I still am going to win more competitions this spring and summer with my all year car...

So today I had some 245/45/R17 Dunlop M3's put on.

LMee just say its like a whole different car. I have no problem in slush, snow or anything else...

So for those looking for snow tires, I can easily recommend the M3's.

I got mine for 600 bucks even, shipped 2nd day via FedEx from TireShack

I give the tires: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I have the M3s, too. I bought some 8" Bullitt rims and put the 245/45/17 snow tires on them. Snow tires make driving in the snow seem like driving in the rain. I was at a dyno day in January and we were pushing Cobras and Lightnings with F-1s and drag radials back and forth to and from the dyno. Two of the guys slid off the road into the ditch. My car had zero drama and great traction.

What rims did you mount your snows on?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
flyn high again said:
I have the M3s, too. I bought some 8" Bullitt rims and put the 245/45/17 snow tires on them. Snow tires make driving in the snow seem like driving in the rain. I was at a dyno day in January and we were pushing Cobras and Lightnings with F-1s and drag radials back and forth to and from the dyno. Two of the guys slid off the road into the ditch. My car had zero drama and great traction.

What rims did you mount your snows on?

My stock rims.

The M3's fit fine on em.

Since the stock rims are gone in the spring I figured I'd save some cash for my 18's and just use these rims for my snow tires....

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
I also have the Dunlop Wintersport M3's on and they are great in the snow and slush. I drove through 7 inches of new snow on our street a couple of weeks ago and it drove perfectly, like it was on tank treads. The cold weather rubber compound also helps to provide traction when the roads are below 40 degrees. The stock F1's don't grip for sh*t when it is below 40.
I mounted my M3's on a set of 17x8 Mustang GT rims (the painted five spoke from a 2003). I wish I would have gotten a set of 17x8 anthracite bullitts to mount them on, that would look sweet with my Dark Shadow Grey.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I get more compliments with the anthracite Bullitts than I do with my chromies. Someday I may get some 10 1/2 inch deep dish Bullitts for the rear.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
I did the Dunlops on all four corners in a 255 width on the factory rims. So far, the tires are fine. After driving in the snow with the TCS both on, then off -- its staying off.

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread