Dump the Charger Hellcat for a Gen V Viper?

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
So yeah, I just dumped a crap ton of money into my Hellcat that I definitely won’t recoup on resale. The logical thing would be to enjoy it for a year or so & then dump it for a Gen V Viper, but man is it tempting.

I haven’t run at the track yet, as it’s currently getting a new fuel system to run E85. It’ll be a 9 second car...99.9% sure since I copy catted other builds & then some, plus I’m at sea level & cooler weather is a coming.

The Viper won’t be as fast, but I’m kind of getting tired of the anxiety I get from heavily modifying a car. It seems like the more you do, the more worries you get because the added power increases the risk of failure somewheres on the car. I’d love to do the 1300HP Calvo Motorsports “Bolt-On” Twin Turbo system on a Viper, buttt it’s $60k. That’s a bit of a stretch there, so I’d probably stick to a nice bolt-on NA build. Headers/Full-Exhaust, CAI, Etc. Possibly a heads/cam setup too. The Viper will be slower & “less functional”, but I have a ‘17 F250 for daily use now...so the four door sedan isn’t really needed for functionality anymore (Babyseats).

Opinions would be nice?

The hellcat is a pretty car, but man those Vipers are just soo..badass. Also, the Viper has always been my dream car. IMO, it’s one of the coolest cars ever produced. It’s not a supercar (at least not in my eyes, unless it’s an ACR), but it’s hella close & gives you the feel of one when you’re sitting in it.

Also, do you think Viper prices will increase, remain the same, or decrease in the near future? They were rather low, I saw a base GT with 2,000 miles on it in the low $70k range earlier this year, now they’re back up into the $90k range since it’s their last year of production. I’ll be looking for a very low mileage one obviously, since they’ll be out of production.

a6bdaed7fdaedc79a3b1cc97d2c0d30b.png

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
1 year later:
Modded the Viper too much, need to sell.

Shouldn't of heavily modded the Charger, ya goof, if that makes you anxious. lol. Not like those things are slow from the factory.

Think the Viper values will stay high for relatively low mile, unmolested ones.
Love those cars. Since you got the F-250, you can have a strictly fun car.

blk02edge

Established Member
Viper will definately be worth more in the long term and give you less anxiety. I know exactly what you mean though. That feeling isn't worth the slight offset of more straight line speed. I'm over it as it just a constant battle for more when it comes to the straight line stuff

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Hard question. I too have debated why I didn't look at a Viper before buying my HC. But I'm using the HC as a commuter and didn't feel like parking the Viper and having to buy yet another DD. The HC for me is the perfect all around car. Roomy, luxury, very fast, turns and stops very well for a full size vehicle.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Viper is just a goofy looking car. it NEVER once caught my attention in a good way. looks like a giant banana! Hellcat is far better looking imo. buddy had an 2012 Viper and put a blower on it. got 7 mpg!!!! sold it two months later smh

blk02edge

Established Member
Viper is just a goofy looking car. it NEVER once caught my attention in a good way. looks like a giant banana! Hellcat is far better looking imo. buddy had an 2012 Viper and put a blower on it. got 7 mpg!!!! sold it two months later smh
LOL... let's supercharge a 10cyl and sell it cuz it gets 7mpg... smart buddy

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
LOL... let's supercharge a 10cyl and sell it cuz it gets 7mpg... smart buddy

Agreed. If you can afford a 70K+ car and the kit to supercharge it, gas mileage shouldn't have been a priority. BTW his friend should get a HC, I average 20-22 depending on traffic for my commute. Cruising can get high 20's.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

What were you guys expecting to happen?

08mojo

Established Member

This post is chocked full of stupid!

OP: get the viper.

Users who are viewing this thread