Dumbest thing you've done behind the wheel...

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I was driving down a four lane highway and came upon two cars riding next to one another. My dumbass split the lanes and went between them. One of them chased me for a good bit. Like I said earlier, I was pretty stupid back then.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Getting pulled over completely shitfaced, took the officer 10 mins to catch up as he was on the opposite side of the highway when he lit me up at 3am. I pulled over, windows down keys on dash, lights on, hands out the window...ya I was that drunk. I knew I made a mistake and was going to jail, I deserved it...

Cop comes up, said I was doing 80 in a 35. He checked my ID, looked at me and said get home safe, and then got in his car and left. I sat there for 4 hours until I was able to reach someone and had them come get me.

That was quite a few years ago and I'll never forget it, and I haven't driven after drinking since. I'll always wonder why he let me go, but i'll always be thankful and wish I could thank him in person.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
1. I was following a buddy who was in a 4WD F150 lifted. I was in my 2WD 79 F100 with crap tires. He went off in a field at a four way stop to go around the stop sign. I followed, but went to the other side of him. He made it, I didn't. My trucks back axle was not touching the ground because the bumper got hung up on the edge of the ditch. He had to pull me off of it.

2. Same friend and same trucks....... Winter time in the high school parking lot. It had snowed and all the snow was piled up between parking spot toward the back which faced each other. We, and others backed our trucks up on the snow piles. After school was over, my tires were no longer touching the snow pile because the sun melted snow everywhere around my truck so the differential was sitting on a big pile of snow. I again had to be pulled out by my same friend.

High school stupidity at its best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Getting pulled over completely shitfaced, took the officer 10 mins to catch up as he was on the opposite side of the highway when he lit me up at 3am. I pulled over, windows down keys on dash, lights on, hands out the window...ya I was that drunk. I knew I made a mistake and was going to jail, I deserved it...

Cop comes up, said I was doing 80 in a 35. He checked my ID, looked at me and said get home safe, and then got in his car and left. I sat there for 4 hours until I was able to reach someone and had them come get me.

That was quite a few years ago and I'll never forget it, and I haven't driven after drinking since. I'll always wonder why he let me go, but i'll always be thankful and wish I could thank him in person.

I had a similar break and never got to thank him.

Few friends and I were at a party one night when we were all 19. Around midnight it was becoming a boring party, so a few of us decided to bail. I only lived about 5 minutes away, but in my infinite wisdom, decided to open my nitrous bottle and go see who is out.

I made it about 4 miles (the opposite way from home), was going to blow a yellow light but saw a cop waiting at the intersection so I stopped. He went on his way, but one rolled up behind me and lit me up. Said I wasn't maintaining my lane (no idea how he saw this when he wasn't behind me when driving), but took all my info and asked if I had been drinking. Of course I said no. He went back to the car, and when I saw another unit pull up I thought I was going to jail and began hiding all my stuff for when they tow the car.

He came back, asked me where I worked and my mom's number. Had just moved so gave them a number that would just ring. Gave me everything back, told me to get my ass home, and if he saw me again tonight he was towing the car, and running me in. I high tailed it home, and never drove drunk again. Probably saved me from wrapping the car around a pole or worse.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
One of these two:

Reached for something in the backseat and veered halfway over into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily, there were no cars close.

Passed a line of 10 cars on a country road. I knew that was a bad idea from the jump. I was driving back from a long trip, and had been stuck behind a train of cars going well below the speed limit for 45 minutes. A passing section opened up, and I went for it. I had my Whipple, but it was still on the FRPP tune. The car started heat soaking about halfway through the pass, and oncoming cars were closing in. As I approach the front of the line, guess what was holding everybody up. Yep! A Prius! To make matters worse, the dickhead hit the gas as I was coming up on him. I narrowly slipped in before getting into a head-on. As I snatched the wheel back into my lane, guess what's waiting for me? Sand on the road! I still had the stock suspension, so you can imagine how harrowing that was. I vowed that would be the last time I do something so risky in traffic again, and I haven't since. Now I just keep my head on a swivel and try to be as patient as I can until I can't take it anymore.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1. Drag race motorcycle in Fayetteville while at a stop light. Cop was 3 cars back. Sucked but lawyer earned his money. Got reckless to endanger beat back to driving with faulty equipment. My traction control just started to malfunction and we blamed the tire spin on that malfunction.

2. Left a bar outside of Fort Campbell after my first divorce. Last thing I recall is the military police waving me through. Next thing I recall is freaking out not recognizing my room when I woke up. Scared me sober, mostly.

shamalama ramalama ding dong

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I was 17 and my Dad brought me to the Ford dealership and told me to pick out what car I wanted. I picked out a 2002 Roush Stage 2 (hence the username). He told me that if I got a ticket, the car was gone. 4 hours later, I was heading to a party at the end of a twisty road and decided to open it up. I was doing around 90 in a 30 and when I pulled up to the party, an officer lit up his lights. He said he was trying to chase me but I was losing him and wasn't even trying lol. He said he could either take me to jail or call my parents. I told him jail would probably be a better option but he insisted on calling them. My parents showed up and they took the car back to the dealer in the morning, but actually returned with it and made me look at it in the driveway for a month and gave me another chance. Technically I never got a ticket that night, and never got one in that car, either.

Same car. I took a girl for a ride in an unfamiliar neighborhood at night. As I approached what I thought was a 90 degree right-hand turn, it was actually a cul-de-sac with trees as an island in the middle. So what appeared to be a 90 degree turn was virtually a u-turn. I went off the road and crashed into a tree after sliding through wet grass. The airbags didn't deploy, but the front end was pretty bad. I backed it up and drove it to the girl's house we were at and my parents came. I had just installed long tube headers about a month before and my Mom was cracking jokes with all of my friends saying, "Your headers are really cool now, huh!?"

I was in my buddy's Stage 1 Roush as a passenger in high school when he and one of our friends decided to street race down a road under development at night. Apparently I was the only one that could see the embankment approaching and I screamed at him to hit the brakes. The Roush survived but our friend was a little delayed in hitting his brakes. His car hit the embankment and teetered as it was high-centered on the dirt with a canal on the other end. That was a close one.

In college, a few months after I got my '04 Cobra, I pulled out of a McDonald's and did a 1,2,3 gear rip. It was cold so it spun 1st, spun 2nd, and hooked 3rd up until maybe around 80mph (no idea really)? I let off and as I did, I saw blue lights about 1/4 mile behind me. I just pulled into a lot and waited. The deputy said he didn't know how fast I was going, but since I was polite he would write me for 30 over the limit.

My buddy's parents had just taken delivery of a new body style SL500 back in 2002 maybe with 20" lowenhart wheels. He decided to turn the traction control off and go WOT around a left hand turn. He over-corrected and we went off the road, ending up about an inch from a guardrail with a canal on the other side. The parking sensors were going nuts, saying we were too close.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Played Tokyo drift in the snow with my eclipse, one spindle later and my dad wasn't that mad at me anymore.

Tried to bang my gf in high school while driving (didn't work).

Drove drunk, once. Drove high, once. (won't ever drive impaired again).

Hit 147 on my bike.

Relatively tame compared to you guys lol.

bokyo1987

Established Member
I was driving my fiancé to the airport at 3am on a Sunday with nobody else on the road when I decided to have fun. I was in my ~580whp 135i on drag radials when I finally saw the short a tunnel (about five lanes wide) I had been waiting for.

It had drizzled prior so the roads were a little damp. Being a dummy, I convinced myself it would be dry halfway through which would let my drag radials hook from a roll. I let it coast upon entering the tunnel, turned off DSC, and paddled to 2nd. My exhaust burbled and my fiancé gave a reassuring laugh, she always eggs me on. We lowered the windows and she started recording just as I floored it.

I thought it was going to hold until the rear end snapped around and pointed the front end towards the wall. By the time I regained control and straightened out the car, I had moved from the middle lane almost into the last lane. Although she was genuinely laughing the whole time, it convinced me never to attempt idiotic stunts with her (or any other passenger) in my car again.

grd951

Established Member
Shortly after high school some buddies and I decided to go for a shooting trip on my families property. There some pretty tight stwisties that lead up to the place so naturally I decided to let it rip. Came up on a crest left handed turn and just as we hit the top it got sideways. My genius self said just hang it out, ended up spinning the back end ahead of us and we came to rest with the car high centered hanging over about a 30’ drop off.
225d96d45981a44e6daa441d8bbfd086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Shortly after high school some buddies and I decided to go for a shooting trip on my families property. There some pretty tight stwisties that lead up to the place so naturally I decided to let it rip. Came up on a crest left handed turn and just as we hit the top it got sideways. My genius self said just hang it out, ended up spinning the back end ahead of us and we came to rest with the car high centered hanging over about a 30’ drop off.View attachment 1439075
Nice coupe! I did this in snow in Boone NC about 35 years ago. A wrecker, and Boone PD were also involved. They let me leave with my car. Times have changed.

grd951

Established Member
Nice coupe! I did this in snow in Boone NC about 35 years ago. A wrecker, and Boone PD were also involved. They let me leave with my car. Times have changed.

Thanks, fortunately I still have the car. No longer a stroker but getting 351 swapped currently. I ended up calling my grandparents who showed up and drug me out with a chain. Told them there was a cow on the road since the reservation natives don’t fence their land and that I swerved to avoid it. Luckily my buddies went along with it and they bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Back in high school I had several occasions where I attempted to turn a couple of Ford Ranger's into an aircrafts. We had this very narrow and extremely hilly road that only took about the 50mph or so to make lift outweigh gravity to the ground. I had tried this on several occasions in a single cab ranger and it always resulted in fairly smooth landings however I upgraded to a Supercab with V6 motor my junior year of school and it turns out those are little heavier than the 4 bangers.

Me being the smart person that I was I figured a little faster truck, would equal more flight time (This proved to be true). The truck nose dove to the ground so hard mid flight that when the it came down the front end hit hard enough that shattered both aftermarket fog lamps that that I had literally just installed that afternoon. These were halfway up the valance too so it must bent that as well. It also bent one the of the frame cross members directly under the cab and jacked up my front end alignment. It twisted the frame member about 120° if memory serves as well. It had to of been that smoked the ground on landing.

Needless to say to after that day I decided it was probably best to retire the idea of doing anything to that level of stupidity. Looking back now, it's wonder I am even still here seeing how it could of been so easy to totally lose control. I even recall about a year later some kids in my senior class were killed for attempting to jump hills in the same manner.

Rare40th

Established Member
Lol some of these made me cry laughing.

Back in High School my first car was a 91 Miata vert. 6 months into owning it I found out its top speed was 122 with the front end bouncing up and down with a lack of down force. Racing a friend of mine during lunch on a semi busy highway I went around him into a turn lane and forced him towards the middle of the lanes going 3 wide on a 2 lane and passed him.....That turn lane sure ended in a hurry before a deep ditch.

Learned about a year later that the top speed in an H3 was 101 before fuel cutoff......and that at 72 it'll clear rail road tracks with no issue..

If we aren't talking about cars only....last summer I laid a golf cart over thinking it would powerslide on asphalt at top speed. My left thumb hasn't been the same since. Pretty sure it's got a couple of damaged ligaments to say the least.

When I was 14, a buddy of mine and I were hanging out at his house one night, of which he lived about a mile from a truck stop and decided to take his moms car (which had a breathalyzer) up to get drinks and snacks. On our way there he pulled off the road to look at a car for sale and after leaving didn't notice the massive pothole next to the road, which was already at an incline...... the noise it made still haunts me to this day. Surprisingly no damage was done...thankfully

Somehow him and I got the idea to swap turns riding an atv and chasing each other, with the other person on foot....... There were a few times that if it weren't for a building or a small passageway that we would've ran each other over....

Few years back my buddy had a bone stock 96 z/28 and asked to race my 04 2V. In the middle of nowhere on a frontage road we took off from a dig and at about 105 we blazed past a Stater sitting on the highway.....my gf at the time looks over and says "that was close, his head was tilted forward cause he was sleeping" Meanwhile I looked like I had came out of my body scared sh**less.

Good times....

flatheadford

Established Member
One time I was using my dads mark viii and me and my best friend went out drinking. We got trashed. I was somewhat ok to drive once we started to leave and we ended up going to his church. This was his idea and of course I didn’t turn it down... we went into the back soccer field and did doughnuts until our arms got tired. That was the most fun I ever had in that car and yes it was incredibly STUPID to do that at a church or anywhere for that matter.

Another time I was racing with a camaro I found on the road and I was in the lead until I hit 4 th or so I thought... I put it in reverse at about 70-80 mph and almost completely lost it. But I ended up catching back up to him and beating him haha.

Users who are viewing this thread