Dumb question....

dbc5150

Flynbyu
Established Member
WTF are iso's I keep seeing this on the lowering threads obviously your cars get lower when removing them but what do they look like? Sorry for the dumb a$$ question but just curious.:shrug:

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
there are no dumb questions! j/k, lol isos are essentially little circular pieces of rubber that go on the top and bottom of the spring to reduce squeeks among other things. people remove them to get a little extra drop(as they can be as thick as 1/2 inch)
alot of people also say the car doesnt really make any extra noises w/out them.

dbc5150

Flynbyu
Established Member
Thanks bro I thought thats what it was but just wasnt sure. i didnt think you could remove them without having problems. I think when I get my new shocks and struts I will remove mine since I want a little lower stance.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Thanks bro I thought thats what it was but just wasnt sure. i didnt think you could remove them without having problems. I think when I get my new shocks and struts I will remove mine since I want a little lower stance.

squeak squeak!!!!

j/k!!!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
ISOs=Isolators

coilis.jpg

SpringIsolatorsLG.jpg

Last edited:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
There is really not much noise you can hear from the spring and metal rubbing after removing them. But one thing you "WILL" notice is much more "road noise". You will feel and hear more vibrations not from the spring themselves but from the road and such. My bro's 5.0 has only the rear lower iso's. You CAN tell the difference with and without.

Users who are viewing this thread