Dumb Question - Loading a new tune

'14 Shelby

Established Member
When I got my tuner the car already had the appropriate tune loaded with all the goodies. Or so I thought. After my debacle with the air filter falling off, the idle apparently wasn't set high enough to hold vacuum during braking and stalls often.

A new tune file was e-mailed to me to adjust the idle. I finally got it on the handheld SCT. How in the hell do I get it into the car? LOL :shrug:

I am not familiar with the tuner and have browsed the SCT site for assistance but found nothing.

Do I just plug it in? What next?
Do I start the car after plugging in or load the tune before starting the car?
Also where is the tune on the handheld? DUH?

I feel like an idiot. I'm usually pretty computer savvy, but am more afraid to EFF up my ride than I am confident in my geeky skills.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
When I got my tuner the car already loaded with all the goodies it needed. Or so I thought. the idle apparently wasn't set high enough to hold vacuum during braking and stalls often.

A new tune file was e-mailed to me to adjust the idle. I finally got it on the handheld SCT. How in the hell do I get it into the car? LOL :shrug:

I am not familiar with the tuner and have browsed the SCT site for assistance but found nothing.

Do I just plug it in? What next?
Do I start the car after plugging in or load the tune before starting the car?
Also where is the tune on the handheld? DUH?

I feel like an idiot. I'm usually pretty computer savvy, but am more afraid to EFF up my ride than I am confident in my geeky skills.

if it is the SCT unit, you just plug it into the ODBII port on the car. It will start up and then you can install the tune you want to the car. Pretty straight forward. You go to tunes, custom tunes, then whatever the tune is named.

also, a good step to do, 100%, is once the car has been tuned by th SCT tuner, go plug that bad boy back into the computer and pull the stock file off the SCT tuner with the SCT program. Save it. You may one day need it :D

'14 Shelby

Established Member
if it is the SCT unit, you just plug it into the ODBII port on the car. It will start up and then you can install the tune you want to the car. Pretty straight forward. You go to tunes, custom tunes, then whatever the tune is named.

also, a good step to do, 100%, is once the car has been tuned by th SCT tuner, go plug that bad boy back into the computer and pull the stock file off the SCT tuner with the SCT program. Save it. You may one day need it :D

Thats what I needed. THANX

Users who are viewing this thread