dude wins ladies poker tourney.......

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
Taught them bitches a lesson in gambling. Like fighting, making money, and sex, its best to leave it to the men.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Meh, serves them right for trying to have an all-women tourney. They would be up in arms if it was all men.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Actually studies I've read have shown that women are better at 'reading' people than men. Just something to think about. Although let's face it, there is a heaping portion of luck involved in poker.

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
Actually studies I've read have shown that women are better at 'reading' people than men. Just something to think about. Although let's face it, there is a heaping portion of luck involved in poker.

Interesting point about women "reading" better. Never knew that.

About the luck thing involved in poker, I'll probably get flamed by everyone but the other good poker players on this site... But luck is irrelevant in poker...

Numbers don't lie and if you are making +EV decisions in the long haul, luck washes out. Luck only becomes a factor when you view poker as one session at a time. Luck has to happen because if it didn't, it would defy probability. So, it's fine to go through a rough patch here and there but in the long haul, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Interesting point about women "reading" better. Never knew that.

About the luck thing involved in poker, I'll probably get flamed by everyone but the other good poker players on this site... But luck is irrelevant in poker...

Numbers don't lie and if you are making +EV decisions in the long haul, luck washes out. Luck only becomes a factor when you view poker as one session at a time. Luck has to happen because if it didn't, it would defy probability. So, it's fine to go through a rough patch here and there but in the long haul, it doesn't matter.

I'm just talking about this tournament, which wasn't very long. Sure if you're like John Turturro in Rounders and grinding is how you pay your bills then yes it's more about statistics. BUT of all those 'pros' who enter HUGE tourneys (ie the World Series) few of them make it to the final tables. Luck IS a part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread