Dual SRA swap going on...need to ask a few questions

04terminator04

Established Member
Hey guys, doing 2 SRA swaps right now, I have a 04 and my buddy who i live with has a 03.
Mine has just mild mods - ported eaton, BAP, intake blah blah... his has 2.3 whipple, GT pumps, injectors and the list goes on, so its safe to say he has much more power output then mine.

Main question is, what gears do you guys think i should run, we just installed the 3.73s on his Eaton locker and we plan and running 28x11.5's so i was just wondering if anyone had an idea, we were thinking 3.90s or 4.10's but i just dont want to spending money on gears for no reason...also seeing as we did not get springs with the axles should i go back to factory gt or look into aftermarket EI Eibachs drag launch kit...

Diff setups are as followed(remember he has a bit more cash flow then i do as he makes much more money then myself right now so more mods to be done later.

His - 8.8 SRA w/ Eaton Detroit Locker, Motive 3.73s, Motive bearing kit, Moser 31 spline axles, steeda UCA bushings.

Mine - 8.8 SRA w/ Factory LSD modded to 4 clutches each side for a total of 8 clutches from the 6, bearing kit and stock 28 spline axles, also factory diff to get a richmond 8.8 mini spool in a little while, i dont really drive the car on the street so it not a big deal.

I know about switching the pinion flange over, springs need to be changed, ABS harnesses and some other minor details but we got the diffs with pretty much eveything minus the springs which are about 100$ for factorys.

Any help on the gears is great, thanks guys:beer:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
If they are already setup to run with the gears installed, then I say run em as-is for a while. 3.73's will be a nice kick over the stock 3.55's but not overdone.

04terminator04

Established Member
I think the factory gears on the SRA's we have are 3.27, I will check in the morning. I was just wondering what would be ok for my power level and the slicks/skinnys we want to run.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread