Dual gauge pod/ high altitude tune

Afchris00

Established Member
Hey guys, new to the lightning scene, just picked up a 2003 dark grey metallic.

three questions

1) what is the best dual gauge pod for the 03? I've looked at RPM outlet (not a huge fan of them from my mustang years) and loteck. Which has the best fit.

2)Also trying to figure out where to by the paint to match the interior?

I'm really looking for a clean look, gauge pillar. Also any place that gives a military discount would rock.

3) finally I have a tune on the truck for Houston altitude, but I'm stationed in Colorado. Any great lightning performance shops out in the Colorado springs/Denver area that can do a tune for higher altitudes?

thanks all
-Chris

Dusten

Established Member
If the tune is solid, it won't need changed, or shouldn't.
RPM is under new management.

Afchris00

Established Member
Sweet, I figured a 6000 ft elevation difference might need one. I'm in Colorado springs now, versus Houston. Thanks for the advice.

Also does anyone know of someone that sells the chrome wheel caps with the SVT logo on them? I can only find the silver (not chrome) My wheels are not made anymore.

Afchris00

Established Member
Finally got my gauge pod painted and installed more pictures to come. AEM boost guage and AEM a/f .
1545732_10201160508364020_1657173672_n.jpg

Last edited:

Afchris00

Established Member
I've gotten very varying results as to if I should get a solid tune at sea level, and one at altitude, or if the computer will adjust the tune automatically at altitude. Any input on this would be awesome. I currently have a tune from Houston performance, but others have suggested to grab a new tune when I bring it to altitude as well here in Colorado. Anyone who has brought one of these trucks from sea level to altitude input would be appreciated.

Dusten

Established Member
I've gotten very varying results as to if I should get a solid tune at sea level, and one at altitude, or if the computer will adjust the tune automatically at altitude. Any input on this would be awesome. I currently have a tune from Houston performance, but others have suggested to grab a new tune when I bring it to altitude as well here in Colorado. Anyone who has brought one of these trucks from sea level to altitude input would be appreciated.
Best bet is to ask your tuner

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member

Afchris00

Established Member
got it from latemodrestorations and bought the interior rattlecan paint. It matched perfect. Was fairly straitfoward minus routing the A/F wideband sensor to the exhaust. I didnt use the AEM clamp, I went with a exhaust shop who welded it in.

Users who are viewing this thread