Dual, Front and Rear, View Dash Camera

mechanicboy

Established Member
I'm starting to do a considerable amount of city driving and want to get a front and rear facing camera without breaking the bank. I hear about issues with quality of dual view cameras and was wondering if anyone on here can recommend on from experience. Most of my in-town driving is done at night so quality in low-light situations is important.

Thanks.

oldmodman

Established Member
I just bought a pair of cameras that were on sale at Costco. I went with those because they record GPS data along with speed and time.

1080P and 4 hours on a cheap 32gb MicroSD card. They continually rewrite the card until they sense a shock. At which point they keep three minutes up to the shock and record until they hit that point and then stop.

Playback screen is a little small but it's enough. They were $79.95 each and since it's Costco they have a lifetime warranty.

I stick one on the back window and one on the front. They seem to be decent enough in city lighting conditions. Looks like daylight when in a store parking lot at night.

10splaya22

Established Member
Well I've heard great things about the BlackVue GR650GW-2CH. Its a little pricey around $400 but the quality is great and it has all the features you need...GPS, Wifi, shock sensor, etc.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I just bought a pair of cameras that were on sale at Costco. I went with those because they record GPS data along with speed and time.

1080P and 4 hours on a cheap 32gb MicroSD card. They continually rewrite the card until they sense a shock. At which point they keep three minutes up to the shock and record until they hit that point and then stop.

Playback screen is a little small but it's enough. They were $79.95 each and since it's Costco they have a lifetime warranty.

I stick one on the back window and one on the front. They seem to be decent enough in city lighting conditions. Looks like daylight when in a store parking lot at night.
You went through all that trouble typing up the reply and ya forgot to tell us what make/model your cameras are! LOL!

U.M.

Never_Enough

Established Member
In for info. I'd like to add a dash cam too, but don't need front & back. I want it to record speed, RPM & such, though. I'd want it to be under $100.

mechanicboy

Established Member
$100 each would be fine but I want it to record from the inside front dash. I picked up a car to start Ubering with for extra money and already had one drunk girl reach across from the back and try to change the stereo(which was off). Other than trying to make sure people keep their seatbelts on, I want the camera to record what's going on inside the car too just in case something happens inside the car so I can prove I wasn't reckless driving(yes, I know I'm supposed to maintain control of the vehicles but you never know). This, and I live in a college town so crazy shit happens lol.

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
Check your local laws to make sure it's ok to record occupants in your car both video and audio.

I would just buy one and turn it around so it's aimed into the passenger compartment. Mount it under the rear view mirror and make sure the camera has a wide angle like 110* to 150*.

Just to cover your ass further, just announce when the occupant enters that the trip will be recorded for everyone's safety.

Users who are viewing this thread