Dual exhaust (exits on both sides) **pics**

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
True Dual exhaust (exits on both sides) **pics**

Click on pics to see a bigger view!

thats looking back from the drivers side door

looking across the truck from the pass side.

The H-pipe, while its kinda green eggs and ham looking, I had to contour it around the driveshaft, and I dont have a pipe bender, I DO however have a MIG welder, so it doesn't look the smoothest, but it gets the job done. More for smooth sound than anything else. The pipe does kind of come close to the gas tank at one spot (by the 02 sensor) but I have felt the tank when the truck was hot off the highway and its barely warm. I actually used the old piece of pipe that went across the truck with the O2 in it over again. (thats the brown pipe with the 02 in it) I keep that short lenght of pipe painted black cuz its just mild steel, along with the Y pipe to go to the tips, which I also had to make, because all the ones that you can buy are way too long . This was by far the best mod to my truck I ever did.

Video if you haven't seen it: http://media.putfile.com/100_074993

Thats pretty much it, I'll get some video from outside the truck from another car soon. Under boost it sounds mean!

Jason

Last edited:

porsen

The Dane
Established Member
That rocks big time :rockon: How did you make the mirror'ed ground effect piece? -or is it just the existing with a hole cut in it? Sure is sweet!

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
I'd be careful of the fuel tank. I know you said that it was only warm, but I would defiantly put some sort of heat shielding between the pipe and the tank, just to be safe.... ;-)

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Ya I plan to put some header wrap on it right by the fuel tank, but its really not all that close. I made a template of the pass side out of cardboard then cut out the drivers side with a die grinder.

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Mufflers??? Hell no I love the way it sounds... Now that it actually has some rumber the 03-04 cobra guys at least will give me a run... Not sure whats next... I've been working on an idea for adapting a larger intercooler for the front of the truck (in the lower grill)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread