Dual BAP need to be tuned?

Fastloader

Established Member
Getting a BAP installed next week in hopes of it changing my sputtering. It seems that I have no power then it kicks in and the car wants to go. A few of gurus and my local shop have suggested it so that's what I am doing.

Do I need a tune for the dual BAP? I don't think so because it is supplying fuel that is required. I am a novice so that's why I am asking.

2010 shelby gt500
Kooks long headers
2.9 whipple SC
60lbs fuel injectors
3:73 gears
Upgraded cooling
Backup camera
Upgraded subwoofer in trunk
3.08 pulley
18 psi boost
127mm JLT CAI
Passenger side oil collector
X pipe
3.5 inch magnaflow / free flowing cats
94 octane
Sct tuner
667 RWHP on dyno jet and 608 rwhp on mustang dyno
Stock MAF sensor
2 pod gauge on driver side
Lowered springs
Control arms
Motor craft plugs gapped at .32 // getting tr6's installed with BAP
7200 km on it.

My other question is are my plugs gapped too big?

I am thinking blowout is happening.
Thanks in advance

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Data log it to make sure its holding pressue based on what you saying sounds like its losing fuel pressure.

Uglywolf

Established Member
+1 on dataloging to see what's going on with your fueling. I would also log to see if you're pegging that MAF or hitting the limit of those 60# at that power level...

At 18 PSI spark blow out could come into play, may be worth testing .028 to see if things improve but keep your testing controlled to one thing at a time or you'll chase this thing longer than you want to...

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

GRUNT0311

Established Member
Getting a BAP installed next week in hopes of it changing my sputtering. It seems that I have no power then it kicks in and the car wants to go. A few of gurus and my local shop have suggested it so that's what I am doing.

Do I need a tune for the dual BAP? I don't think so because it is supplying fuel that is required. I am a novice so that's why I am asking.

2010 shelby gt500
Kooks long headers
2.9 whipple SC
60lbs fuel injectors
3:73 gears
Upgraded cooling
Backup camera
Upgraded subwoofer in trunk
3.08 pulley
18 psi boost
127mm JLT CAI
Passenger side oil collector
X pipe
3.5 inch magnaflow / free flowing cats
94 octane
Sct tuner
667 RWHP on dyno jet and 608 rwhp on mustang dyno
Stock MAF sensor
2 pod gauge on driver side
Lowered springs
Control arms
Motor craft plugs gapped at .32 // getting tr6's installed with BAP
7200 km on it.

My other question is are my plugs gapped too big?

I am thinking blowout is happening.
Thanks in advance

i don't mean to bump an old thread but what did you end up doing to solve this? I had the same issue, initialy when i would hit the gas it bogged a lil then went like hell, i brought it a local dyno tuning shop a good shop at that and they started to datalog it on the dyno. Some of the tune was on point the rest was out to lunch. I also have a KB BAP and a set of ID72's. They fixed the driveability on it, but now when it dynos it cuts off at 5300rpms. They started a new tune from scratch because the emailed tune I had they couldn't tweak. It's been in the shop almost a week now because of a software issue with SCT. I will say this though, at 5300 it made 600 to the wheels and 606 torque without them even messing with the timing and all yet. I have tr6's gapped at 035, with the 2.4 pulley on there's no spark blow out yet. I just want to drive this thing lol

Fastloader

Established Member
Plugs gapped

It ended up being my plugs gapped too big. I was at .035 then .032 but .028 was the best gap. I don't spudder any more... it woke my car up. My car is stored away for the winter now. I think it could be the gap... and get a tune done by a reputuable tuner. These things take a bit to dial in and I find that everyone's car is different.

Good luck and enjoy the car once you get it tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread