Dual 67mm VMP or CFM tb on a Cobra Jet mani?

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Question going out to any cobra jet users who are using or know anything about these tb's. Or if the manufacturers can chime in would be great too

So these two different units, VMP and CFM performance look very
much alike and they both look like they can suck up a small animal. Everywhere I look it says the VMP is specific to the 07-14 gt500, don't see anything hinting compatibility coyote/roadrunner running cj manifold.. While CFM performance has a package selling their twin bore TB with the CJ manifold,

Link to CFM TB/cj package here:
http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...14-Mustang-GT-Boss-302-p4628.htm#.U7ECPXm9LTo

VMP claims it flows within 50 cfm of the frpp monoblade's 1800cfm.. Not sure on the CFM, but I'd assume it's a similar figure to the vmp figure. The twin 67 also drives closer to the 65 as opposed to tepid drivability of the monoblade.

So bottom line, does anyone have experience with either of these dual 67's on a coyote, and if their compatible it's how does it perform? And if I'm running a 65mm twin now would I have to have a retune. Because it looks like Shelby guys going from a 65 to a 67 don't require one, just PnP.

Thanks in advance guys

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So i guess im gonna have to be a pioneer and try it out, when i find a good price on a used one.

Talked to AJ from Lomatta Performance and he says that the the 67mm (both units) do fit and should not require a tune if your already running the frpp 65 tb!

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Don't have any experience with the twin bores, but you can get the intake and single blade TB from Tasca for only $100 more, giving you that extra 50 cfm (not trying to claim that it's a huge difference, just that the difference was referenced in your OP.) And any tepid drive ability from the single blade is negated with Shaun's tune.

Just my $.02.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well bc of the fact I paid about 1200 in tuning already, since owning the car. I kinda want to avoid a fat tuning cost again until at least my last big step with the car and that for TT or cams/nitrous setup put together my the guys at Revolution.

I recently switched from a custom made cai to PBTH's 4.5" and I gained 6hp/tq there (a mustang mag compared the frpp cai to the PBTH cai, 4hp advantage with PBTH intake on the top end being that it's a little bigger), and with out a change in driving/ idle behavior it was a solid little gain there.. Now with the frpp dual 65mm flowing at only 1600cfm, a 150 jump in flow rate with the 67 with good drive ability only needing maybe a minor adjustments from PBTH for next to nothing would just yield more gains per dollar vs the $400 I'd have to dish out for an e85 AED tune just to get that tad bit more of flow..

Just my logic behind the madness..

Users who are viewing this thread