Dual 255lph walbro return system push enuff for 3.4 whipple?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
The fuel system in my car is:

Fore hat
2x255lph walbro pumps
-8 an feed
-6 return
Fore rails
60lb sd injectors ( should I get 80's or bigger?)

My mods are in my sig. The 3.4 gen2 whipple will be run at 23psi on e85.

I'm kinda thinking I need more pump, I want to sump the tank and run an external pump that can keep up but don't know if I need it yet. I'm sure the 60lb inj's are not enuff but don't know whether to get 80's or bigger.

I searched and couldn't find anyone with a similar setup as me asking these questions so please chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Jay

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Your kinda in the same boat as me. My car makes 723whp on C-16. 2.8H KB car @ 26psi.

I am swapping to a lethal budget return system, but I using a -8 supply instead of the stock feed since its already in place. Going to run the twin 255's with a BAP installed. 80lb Injectors with elevated base pressure. This should get the job done.

You will need at least an 80lb injector.....I dont think you will be able run the twin 255's without running out of pump. May need to get the new aeromotive stealth 340lph pumps or run a BAP. I know some cobra's running down in the low 9's @ almost 150 on twin 255's with a BAP on e85, so I know it works.

GodStang

Established Member
Ya I would think the 60s would run out before the pumps. The 255lph may be on edge. Talk with 04Sleeper and a few others that are running just two of the 255lph pumps and see where their duty cycle is on E85 and 21-23psi and it will give you an idea on where to go from there.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Thanks guys, it looks like I'll need either a BAP or a external pump to keep up with the fuel. As far as injectors I knew I would need some just not sure whether to go with 80's or go ahead and get bigger. What are the 80's limited to as far as hp on e85?

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks guys, it looks like I'll need either a BAP or a external pump to keep up with the fuel. As far as injectors I knew I would need some just not sure whether to go with 80's or go ahead and get bigger. What are the 80's limited to as far as hp on e85?

Low 800s for the 80s is what has actually been done. From what I have been told by a fuel component group running a BAP on Return Style Pumps can reduce the life of the pumps because it will continuously be at 17V. Not sure if that matters to you just a side note.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Low 800s for the 80s is what has actually been done. From what I have been told by a fuel component group running a BAP on Return Style Pumps can reduce the life of the pumps because it will continuously be at 17V. Not sure if that matters to you just a side note.

Thanks! If the 80's are only good for low 800 then I may go ahead and step them up a little. The inlet on the blower is modified by evolution performance and the guy that was using the blower before me was making over 850 on race gas and 28psi. I may want to get crazy one day! Hahah

About the bap, I don't like those anyway and since it works the pumps harder I'll probly just go ahead and sump the tank and do an aeromotive pump For the corn.

Anybody want some walbro pumps,stock tank and fore hat!? Hahah

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
pumps

Ran a bap on my gss-342s burnt them up quick don't do it

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
The fuel system in my car is:

Fore hat
2x255lph walbro pumps
-8 an feed
-6 return
Fore rails
60lb sd injectors ( should I get 80's or bigger?)

My mods are in my sig. The 3.4 gen2 whipple will be run at 23psi on e85.

I'm kinda thinking I need more pump, I want to sump the tank and run an external pump that can keep up but don't know if I need it yet. I'm sure the 60lb inj's are not enuff but don't know whether to get 80's or bigger.

I searched and couldn't find anyone with a similar setup as me asking these questions so please chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Hey, you have 3 options for pumps. (1) Areomotive's new pump but its on back order until May. (2) DW300 Pumps which is E85 Compatible, but is 1mm wider than the Walbro Pumps, so I dont know whether you will be able to squeeze it in the Fore Hat. (3) Jay Racing PT342 Pump, this pump is a Walbro 255LPH replacement pump that is better than the Areomotive and DW300 Pump. However, I dont know whether it is E85 Compatible or how long it will last on E85.

I think I just might go ahead and order the PT342 Pump since I know it is the exact same size as the old 255LPH Walbro.Jay Racing Pro Series 342 Fuel Pump PT342 255 LPH High Pressure [PT342] - $149.00 : Jay Racing

Users who are viewing this thread